Looking for Junior / Graduate / Trainee Trader / Broker Positions in London.

Hollin

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light regarding the best ways to look for these kind of positions preferably in derivatives or FX markets, as over the years I've found i'm best at.

You see i've been turned away from positions because I don't have enough industry experience, some summer work placements etc. but thats about it. However, my feed back has always been "excellent knowledge of the markets". Ironically that it's for an entry level position to be given the training and industry experience.

I have only discovered one website that focusses on such jobs, junior-broker.com.

Understandably it's Xmas time and everyone is out boozing, and not hiring, that's fine. I just wanted to ask the community their thoughts on getting in the industry.

So far in a similliar search (Though im currently in full time employment in a different industry)

That you either need a degree, know someone who works at a firm. Or be willing to put some money up front in a prop shop.

Its a tough nut to crack without the above, but anything worth doing I guess.

Lodian

Hi,

I have the same problem, I am 25 and I have a Master Degree in finance, now I work in a small fund for which I trade index future ( daytrading). I have not so much experience except some paper trading and few real on my own account.

This is another my post in which I explain my situation in details:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-firms/169862-help-too-late-start-trading-career.html

Which is the best way to enter the trading world?

I was thinking to send my CV to OPTIVER, IMC , TIBRA and ALL OPTION ( I found these names surfing the forum)
Could you give me your opinion?

THanks

Watch Wall street warriors on youtube. Bottomline it comes down to how much money or ROI can you make. If you are going for a trading job you need to start up a journal posting trades as they are taken and showing the growth of your account. Yuo need to do this for months and show concistent growth and risk management abilities.

Watch Wall street warriors on youtube. Bottomline it comes down to how much money or ROI can you make. If you are going for a trading job you need to start up a journal posting trades as they are taken and showing the growth of your account. Yuo need to do this for months and show concistent growth and risk management abilities.

Sorry, so you mean that I cannot enter the trading world without showing my personal account... I mean, I trade on my own, but with the job I cannot do my best, sometimes I have not the time to follow my positions and I stay out or I don't perfectly manage the position opened. It is not professional trading.

I have another question, It's days that I am trying to understand the differences between different trading firms. I saw that there are the ones like FUTEX which ask you for upfront payment, offer training and then, if you are good give you some chance. Others, like Optiver, hire you if you pass the tests and interviews, than train you. I was wandering if there are other possibility as trader.
The word trader means everything and nothing... I need some clarification.