Looking for a job

liam1om

Good Afternoon,

I have a full time job in IT, but luckily I'm in a position to be able to trade when the opportunity arises. I only trade UK FTSE350 equities and trade on margin.

After following the markets briefly since 2005, I started trading back in 2008 part time with a very small account (£2000) to get a feel for things. I managed to double my money in the first year and again in the second year.

In 2010 after feeling like like things were going well I invested a moderately small amount. I managed to make over 1000% (I know it sounds unbelievable, but it can be verified).

In 2011, probably getting carried away with the previous year and also experiencing the Japanese Tsuanami, Libyan war and Nuclear fallout I lost roughly 40%.

After that year, I became far more disciplined and resilient and made 100% profit in 2012 and 200% profit in 2013.

So far this year I'm currently up around 80%.

I feel I could be ready to step up and look for a full time job with more substantial funds. My track record above it fully verifiable with full records from my broker.

What kind of return would a prop house be looking at, would my record above usually be good enough?

Please feel free to PM me if you wish.

Thanks.

Last edited:
if your that good why do you need to work for someone else. nice touch at the end pm me though

if your that good why do you need to work for someone else. nice touch at the end pm me though

There are two reasons, first is that I would like a larger account than what I currently trade with.

The second is that, I want to work in an environment where I can trade comfortably and actually receive a salary for doing it. At the moment, I'm having to trade in between my current job and I cant track the market as I would like.

I could leave my job and trade for myself from home. But I feel it would put too much pressure on me not having a guaranteed income monthly.I know to be successful I need to be in a certain mindset.

Last edited:
If you have $100,000 get a portfolio margin account from ww.interactivebrokers.com This is 15% margin instead of 50% margin in a reg t account. That should give you enough buying power.