Trading as a part time job??

gerryg

Established member
900 7
to start trading you should know at least interface of metatrader and click buy and sell in right times. But the point is if you understand where is the fine moment to click buy and where to sell. Seems to be easy, but people lose billions on that.If you ready to have losses for a start, then go for it and trade.

bhavin987

13 1
Hi everyone,
I live in canada. I'm a second year math(honours) student. i'm 19 years old. I took some basic economic and finace course so i know a little bit about the market. I am interested in trading. I have been reading some book and article on the internet about trading. I have part time job. I work 6 hrs/week,$11/hr. My question, is trading a good choice for me? I dont know if it is better than the job I have right now. I have around $6000 in my account. Also, is it possible to trade as the full time job in the future because i don't know what i will be doing after i graduate. I just study math because i like math and i'm good at math.

If I'm going to trade, should i trade stock or forex? Btw, do you suggest me to take any course for next year?

Thank you

GOOD LUCK mate! but remember 90% lose money in this game
I suggest not to jump into it, take 1 year to learn about the markets
work on trading psychology / mental fitness as that is the key to success

robertofx

139 1
to start trading you should know at least interface of metatrader and click buy and sell in right times. But the point is if you understand where is the fine moment to click buy and where to sell. Seems to be easy, but people lose billions on that.If you ready to have losses for a start, then go for it and trade.

That's why we have demo accounts to get an idea about Meta Trader and understand important concepts like risk/reward,margin and leverage.

pro_fx

20 2
If you are truly believing in you then go with stock trading first on full time. But that would even need all the attention you would pay for the actual job anyway. Not just that be ready to loose yourself some money in worst situations because time is not yours always. Then after mastering the indices trading go for forex, unlike indices it needs so much of strategy with tons of knowledge to execute an order and also studying of all the historical patters is important.

neil

Legendary member
5,167 750

Can you elaborate upon the above, preferably with examples and charts ?

neil

Legendary member
5,167 750
If you are truly believing in you then go with stock trading first on full time. But that would even need all the attention you would pay for the actual job anyway. Not just that be ready to loose yourself some money in worst situations because time is not yours always. Then after mastering the indices trading go for forex, unlike indices it needs so much of strategy with tons of knowledge to execute an order and also studying of all the historical patters is important.

Show us an example of an "historical patter" please?

If he gave up his job to go full time trading then how would he survive during the long period of losing money before (or if) becoming profitable?

What do you mean by "time is not yours always?"

vchohan1

36 2
I would recommend reading "Trading in the zone" by Mark Douglas. An excellent book that will teach you a lot, before, during and after your trading life.

Triggerfish

229 14
I would recommend reading "Trading in the zone" by Mark Douglas. An excellent book that will teach you a lot, before, during and after your trading life.
But will the book teach you to become a successful trader?.....surely it can't.....can it?

vchohan1

36 2
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not....

Either way it depends on what you take from it....

You won't know until you read it. It's up to you.

melaniehamilton

5 0
There is only one reason to get into Forex trading, and is to make a profit, the only thing a beginner needs to know is how much profit you want to be, or rather should be, how much time and effort you want to invest to make money through operations currency.

CityMasterTrader

77 2
Hi everyone,
I live in canada. I'm a second year math(honours) student. i'm 19 years old. I took some basic economic and finace course so i know a little bit about the market. I am interested in trading. I have been reading some book and article on the internet about trading. I have part time job. I work 6 hrs/week,$11/hr. My question, is trading a good choice for me? I dont know if it is better than the job I have right now. I have around $6000 in my account. Also, is it possible to trade as the full time job in the future because i don't know what i will be doing after i graduate. I just study math because i like math and i'm good at math.

If I'm going to trade, should i trade stock or forex? Btw, do you suggest me to take any course for next year?

Thank you

If you have the time on your hands, and are pretty numerate trading could be interesting. However, I’d be wary of giving up the job just yet. Try both for a while and see how you get on with the trading. You may like it; you may hate it. You may like it but be no good at it. Be careful with your pot of money. Limit your losses. Stocks probably less volatile than FX, although it does depends which stocks you trade. Some are notoriously volatile. Maybe try a demo account first to get a feel for the trading platforms on offer and how trading works. Good luck.

bigmistake

263 2
Some people work better in shorter time so part-time or full-time don't matter. The main thing is how you use your time to improve your forex trading performance.

jracksd

3 0
Good Evening Poom,

For 2014 I am going to be doing trading to pick up some secondary incoming and just because I have always been interested to see what happens. I work full time as a software engineer and have no intention on quitting my day job, so I wouldn't for you either...but if you can pick up some vacation money on the side then more power to it :)

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
unless you have a large amount of capital you will never make decent money trading markets on longer TF's .....not enough trade volume if you use the acknowledged % capital limits per trade

so you better get down and dirty in the intraday trading .......welcome to the jungle

N

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock