London Traders' Network Drinks - Central London

Hello fellow Traders,

Firstly Happy New Year to you all! I wish you all success in your trading endevaours this year.

With that in mind I figured I would set a date for the first meet-up of the year. The venue is TBC but will be a pub in Central London on Tuesday 19th January 2010. There's over 180 in our group and we normally get 12-24 traders meeting up for a pint.

This event will be free as a) I'm too busy with trading projects to create anything and b) it's January and everyone's usually skint!

So why not make an effort to beat the winter blues by having a drink and a catch-up with fellow traders.

You can sign up for regular updates at our meetup group page.

I look forward to seeing a few of you on the 19th.

Trade well!

Paul

Last edited:
if i surive till dec 2010....then i am difinately coming........

i could however make the 19 of jan, if thats what you meant :)

Hello everyone,

We will be meeting in the Bell & Compass pub next to Charing Cross station from 6.30 pm onwards. We have a room behind and to the left of the bar which we will have just for ourselves. Hopefully it will be a bit more quiet and convivial than the old location!

Link is below, see you on Tuesday. Please help out by RSVP'ing either way.

Thanks

Paul

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/The-London-Professional-Traders-Network/calendar/12244071/

When: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:30 PM

Where:
Bell & Compass
9 - 11 Villiers St
London, WC2N 6NA
020 78393113

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Maybe" as well as "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer" link on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/The-London-Professional-Traders-Network/suggestion/

Hi guys,

Good to meet you all last night. We had nearly 30 fellow traders pitch-in which was a lot more than I was expecting!

Hope to see you all at the next one. Date TBC.

Cheers

hi paul,

nice to meet you and thanks for putting up a fab meetup. looking forward to the next one

Hello everyone,

The next London Traders' Drinks Social Event is Tuesday 16th February at the Bell & Compass Pub, 9-11 Villiers Street from 1830 onwards.

We have an area behind the main bar for this event so shouldn't be too hard to find us!

If you want more details then please check our Meetup group.

I look forward to meeting my fellow traders for a drink and a catch-up.

Cheers

Paul

Fellow Trader,

We are holding the March 2010 London Traders' Network Social Meet-up on Tuesday 23rd March 2010 from 6.30. Venue is the Bell & Compass pub next to Charing Cross Station.

This is a chance for fellow traders to get out from behind their screens and meet other traders for a drink and a chin-wag. There is no agenda other than for people to mix and mingle with some like-minded folk.

You can get more updates at our Meetup group

I hope to see you on the 23rd March at the Bell & Compass.

Trade well

Paul

Hi guys,

Just a reminder that the next London Traders' Drinks Social Event is next Tuesday 23rd March 2010 from 6.30 at the Bell & Compass pub near Charing Cross.

Just a chance to have a beer with a few other Traders. More details can be found at our Meetup webpage.

Trade well

Paul

Last edited:
Hey there,
Thanks to all those who pitched in last night for the London Traders' Network drinks. We had 23 fellow traders turn up. Good to see old friends and make some new ones!
Till the next one!
Paul

Fellow Trader,

Welcome to the September 2010 London Traders' Network Social Meet-up.

This is a chance for fellow traders to get out from behind their screens and meet other traders for a drink and a chin-wag. There is no agenda other than for people to mix and mingle with some like-minded folk. This is a free social event.

The opportunity to mix Bulls & Beers and Food & Fibonacci etc should be enjoyed by anyone who has an interest in the markets. Regardless of experience we are all still students of the markets and you can always learn something new from interacting with other traders.

I look forward to seeing you on the 15th September at the Bell & Compass. You can follow our group (nearly 300 members) on Meetup. As always I appreciate you taking the time to RSVP.

Trade well

Paul

Hello lads & lasses,

Just a reminder that the next London Traders' Network Social drinks is next Wednesday 15th September 2010 at the Bell & Compass pub next to Charing Cross station. We normally have the room behind the main bar put aside for our group.

At present we have 26 folks attending, if you want more details then you can view them on our Meet-up page.

Hope to see some fellow traders on Wednesday.

Cheers

Paul

Hello.

I have just moved to london to study finance and I am really interested in trading. I have no big results to show or anything, have trading a rather small account for a while. Is it okay if I turn up for this? Should be fun to meet som traders.

Hello.

I have just moved to london to study finance and I am really interested in trading. I have no big results to show or anything, have trading a rather small account for a while. Is it okay if I turn up for this? Should be fun to meet som traders.

Niklas, you'd be more than welcome. We have a wide range of attendees; whilst most of our attendees are from the private retail side we also have private professional and instituional traders who pop along. There's no ego or grandstanding. Just folks who are interested in the markets meeting up for a pint and a chin-wag with similar folks.

Fellow Traders,

Great to see 30+ folks at our last social get-together. The October 2010 London Traders' Network Social Meet-up is on Wednesday 20th October.

This is a chance for fellow traders to get out from behind their screens and meet other traders for a drink and a chin-wag. There is no agenda other than for people to mix and mingle with some like-minded folk. This is a free social event.

The opportunity to mix Bulls & Beers and Food & Fibonacci etc should be enjoyed by anyone who has an interest in the markets. Regardless of experience we are all still students of the markets and you can always learn something new from interacting with other traders.

I look forward to seeing you on the 20th October at the Bell & Compass.

Trade well

Paul

Fellow Traders,
What is the address of this street and nearest tube stn, please Paul. Thankyou.
Great to see 30+ folks at our last social get-together. The October 2010 London Traders' Network Social Meet-up is on Wednesday 20th October.

I look forward to seeing you on the 20th October at the Bell & Compass.

Trade well

Paul

What is the address of this pub and nearest tube stn, please Paul?

Hi,
The pub is the Bell & Compass, which can be found at
9-11 Villiers St
London WC2N 6NA

Nearest Tube station is Charing Cross.
Cheers
Paul

Fellow traders,
My apologies for the late notice however I'm cancelling the event for this evening. The reason being that when I called the pub last night to confirm my booking they told me they'd changed their procedures and I now had to pay a £150 upfront deposit for the room. At the end of the night they would tally up our drinks bill and pay me back for any overspend! Basically securing for themselves 150 notes worth of business either way. Having used the place for the last 12 months free of charge I wasn't too endeared to hear their change in policy. As it was getting late and only 10 folks had confirmed through the Meetup group I decided to cancel the event as I wasn't prepared to carry the cost of the event.

I apologise for the cancellation and the late notice. I do hope you understand my reasons for doing so. Not surprisingly we'll not be using that venue again and I'll find somewhere new in time for the November Meetup. You can get more updates at the groups home page on Meetup.