London City meetup II - June 24th (Liverpool St)

Rugby Trader

Established member
Hello all,

I thought I'd create a new thread for this to make sure everyone is aware.

We are meeting up once again in the Liverpool Street area.
6pm onwards in the Shooting Star (To be confirmed, I need to book a table there again)

So far we have the following

Can make it
Surferking
Rugby Trader
DaxM
Quinny
AlexM
Tradeviking
Runningdeer
Celadon

Possible
Fwloop
Mark120169

The last one was a good laugh, it's really useful to put names to faces, a lot of useful ideas/advice/nonsense gets bandied about.
I will try and bring everyone some free investment magazines again.
There's no selling of anything. It's just your fellow FNT peers meeting in a very sociable setting.
Running Deer and Surferking are flying in from abroad for this! So I'm sure those of you around London can make this!

RT

I think Spin mentioned that this was one of his possibly available dates?

Agreed, it's good fun to put some faces to names and I think a good investment of time too.

It's an isolated game we play with real money in a virtual world, so it's really good to chat to others that are also risking real hard-earned cash and treating it like a business as well.

Plus, it's reassuring I'm not just taking up gambling and that there's lots of like minds going through the same ups and downs as we all figure out how to take things from systems we follow, to systems we understand, and hopefully to systems we originate to trade safer and be more consistantly profitable.

To be honest I now keep my trading low profile with friends, because unless you trade yourself it seems like a gambling pipedream - so chatting with other people that actually trade does help with the mind-f*** aspect of the game and offload some thought etc.

Maybe we should call it "Net Trappers Anonymous"?

Well done RT for choosing the Shooting Star, it's a nice relaxed pub with an apt name :)

I think Spin mentioned that this was one of his possibly available dates?

Agreed, it's good fun to put some faces to names and I think a good investment of time too.

It's an isolated game we play with real money in a virtual world, so it's really good to chat to others that are also risking real hard-earned cash and treating it like a business as well.

Plus, it's reassuring I'm not just taking up gambling and that there's lots of like minds going through the same ups and downs as we all figure out how to take things from systems we follow, to systems we understand, and hopefully to systems we originate to trade safer and be more consistantly profitable.

To be honest I now keep my trading low profile with friends, because unless you trade yourself it seems like a gambling pipedream - so chatting with other people that actually trade does help with the mind-f*** aspect of the game and offload some thought etc.

Maybe we should call it "Net Trappers Anonymous"?

Well done RT for choosing the Shooting Star, it's a nice relaxed pub with an apt name :)

Yep - count me in. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Cheers,
Spin

We're starting to get a good crowd of people now!

Can make it
Surferking
Rugby Trader
DaxM
Quinny
AlexM
Tradeviking
Runningdeer
Celadon
sxbarnes
Spindrift

Possible
Fwloop
Mark120169

Just booked a weekend away next week and completely forgot about this. So as they say on Dragons Den "I'm Out" Sorry guys

Can't make this one as I've been a bit under the weather for a while. On the mend now though, so see you at the next one.

Enjoy!

I'll be there about 6pm. PM me anyone needing a mobile number contact to make sure you find the right place.

just booked the table.
6pm
Shooting Star, Middlesex Street. Liverpool St station.

As well as Surferking you can PM me for my mobile as well.

Looking forward to it.

ok latest updated list of who's coming tomorrow.
I'll be able to stay later this time as i'm staying at my sister's round the corner.

Looking forward to it!

Can make it
Surferking
Rugby Trader
DaxM
Quinny
AlexM
Tradeviking
Runningdeer
Celadon
Mazzeria
Spindrift
TDU8

Possible
Fwloop
Mark120169

ok latest updated list of who's coming tomorrow.
I'll be able to stay later this time as i'm staying at my sister's round the corner.

Looking forward to it!

Can make it
Surferking
Rugby Trader
DaxM
Quinny
AlexM
Tradeviking
Runningdeer
Celadon
Mazzeria
Spindrift
TDU8

Possible
Fwloop
Mark120169

I'll be there, just not sure how close to 6 it will be as I need to leave work at a reasonable time and get the train up to town!

-S

I'm meeting my brother-in-law at the Shooting Start a bit earlier for a drink at 5pm.

It's quite easy to find when you know how, PM me for my mobile number and gimme a call if you get stuck.

If you go into the pub from the main road entrance last time there was a big table on the right that we had reserved which had a reserved sign on it. I imagine it'll be there again.

I'll be ordering pie and mash early - don't like drinking on an empty stomach then having to guess my way home. :)

Marcus

I'm meeting my brother-in-law at the Shooting Start a bit earlier for a drink at 5pm.

It's quite easy to find when you know how, PM me for my mobile number and gimme a call if you get stuck.

If you go into the pub from the main road entrance last time there was a big table on the right that we had reserved which had a reserved sign on it. I imagine it'll be there again.

I'll be ordering pie and mash early - don't like drinking on an empty stomach then having to guess my way home. :)

Marcus

See you all later, maybe around 8pm. Will take the few mobile numbers I had last time but will recognise faces this time.

M

On my way in, wil prob get there ~18:20ish if london transport is behaving today.

Sorry peeps, got stuck in the office til late and didn't get home til 7.30 so getting up to London at a reasonable time was not going to work! So much for leaving the office early!! :cry:

I hope you all had a great evening!