Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Just a quick question
Does anyone here take the dollar index into consideration before trading any $ related trade?

oh yeah baby....I live and die by it .......E/U buy looking hot again right now as the USD index coming south again..... (y)

Last edited:
oh yeah baby....I live and die by it .......E/U buy looking hot again right now as the USD index coming south again..... (y)

I always look for support/resistance points on the $index before I enter a trade.
Its a great help.

eur/usd - it closed above 100 SMA and TL on hourly chart. Also there is a doji completely above TL. It doesn't look promising for a long, but it broke TL.

So - buy order at 1.2930 (above the doji's high) with stop at 1.2884 (below the hourly candle's low that broke TL)

It shot up ~ 30 pips above the doji's high and stopped at 200 SMA

Now waiting for a pull back to the trend line (if any) to place a sell order - it's trading below 200 and 100 SMA and below the trend line (100 SMA looks a bit flat - so I would expect choppy PA)

NB I wouldn't enter trade after 18:00 BST (don't like trading on Fri night)

Attachments

• euro.JPG
    euro.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 116
It shot up ~ 30 pips above the doji's high and stopped at 200 SMA

Now waiting for a pull back to the trend line (if any) to place a sell order - it's trading below 200 and 100 SMA and below the trend line (100 SMA looks a bit flat - so I would expect choppy PA)

NB I wouldn't enter trade after 18:00 BST (don't like trading on Fri night)

From the smaller time frame:

eur/usd sell order at 1.2846 stop at 1.2886

Did I miss something in the news today? whats the reason for the strong bearish candle today on the eur/usd, gbp/usd??

Did I miss something in the news today? whats the reason for the strong bearish candle today on the eur/usd, gbp/usd??

I don't know:( I don't follow the news, only the charts. I would guess if both eur/usd and gbp/usd are dropping, probably usd is rising for some reason or usd could be bad, but not as bad as euro and gbp?

They always explain it afterwards (the reason behind it):whistling

The $ index was at a major support point I am sure NVP will concur with me on this,
I missed the aussi sell but got the cable and euro ones, I don't like getting stuck in trades over the weekend, so closed off my cable for a good profit , the eur sell mitigated my earlier loss.so not a bad day
I hope everyone had a good week
have a nice weekend everyone!