Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I would have stayed in but I need to shoot out and am not in the mood to be pissing around with my past weeks performance.

EURNZD:

Entry: 1.54932
SL: 1.54169
TP: 1.55742

(1% risk)

exit +41.3 (+0.39%) - EURNZD - Exit early (didnt want to leave it open whilst out - most likely will hit my 1.5% target)

GBPAUD:

Missed because Virgin are anal dwelling butt monkeys.

USDCAD:

Entry: 0.98408
Sl: 0.98762

(2% risk)

exit +13 (+0.73%) - Exit early - target eventually hit with small drawdown - (missed out over 2.5% gain)

GBPJPY

Entry:125.404
SL:125.022

(1% risk)

exit +24.7 (+0.65%) - Exit early - Target eventually hit - little to no drawdown at all - (correction 2% gain missed)

GBPNZD

Entry: 1.96831
SL: 1.96427

(risk 0.5% = reward approx = 2%)

loss -0.5% -46

EURGBP

Entry:0.79540
SL: 0.79216

+3.8 (0.11%)

Total: +36.8 - +1.39%

Its one thing to win trades and TP` but its another thing to take profits early. I`ve done myself over not by unprofitable trades this week - but TP`s too early to make the R;R way out of wack. Not too impressed with myself.

Last edited:
Im looking at nzd/jpy for what I think is 7 on the trot on thread or possibly 8 from 9,
prior to that I had a bad run.Problem is that most of them have been small trades

The first rectangle in the chart is where i sold from last time.The 2nd is the potential sell area.anywhere between 64.55 and 64.75 is good with an ideal price at 64.70. its alovely looking t/l pullback to an area of resistance

Attachments

• 2012-09-27_1950.png
    2012-09-27_1950.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 105
eur/usd - it closed above 100 SMA and TL on hourly chart. Also there is a doji completely above TL. It doesn't look promising for a long, but it broke TL.

So - buy order at 1.2930 (above the doji's high) with stop at 1.2884 (below the hourly candle's low that broke TL)

All sort of conditions attached: I'll cancel it if there is a close below TL and if price goes below the stop before it goes above the doji's high. Also I need to follow further price action paying close attention to what happens around TL - if it goes down to it and bounces up (buy) or if it goes down, breaks it and comes back to TL bouncing down afterwards (sell).

Also if it gets triggered may keep stop line 1 for a while, then stop line 2 and after horizontal stop lines (as for this break distance to TL increases)

It's not a doji by definition, but it's close enough for me

Attachments

• maybe.JPG
    maybe.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I can think of 3 possibilities (unless there is some sort of messy completely random PA) - for 2 of them I have an idea how to trade them. 1 of them I have no idea.

Any other approaches/ideas?

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 165
I can think of 3 possibilities (unless there is some sort of messy completely random PA) - for 2 of them I have an idea how to trade them. 1 of them I have no idea.

Any other approaches/ideas?

Hi zen
I see where you are coming from but am I am far to set in my ways to look at trading that way. Ive spent years losing and during that time I was always looking to buy at value and in advance of anything happening. I am still in that mindset but thankfully I have developed a style that kinda fits buying at value. To me buying a break out after a moving average break or a doji break feels like I have missed out. Nothing you are doing is wrong,as I said its just how my mindset is set up.Were I to want to trade a MA or a doji I would look at the PA before the line and see if I can get in before the break. To me that way I can risk less and hope for more. In easier terms if you look at a trendline dont look for the break, i try and sell from the top of the line and hope for a run down and maybe even a break to the downside.That way the r/r looks better to me. If you look at the last chart I posted and the first rectangle where I took a trade you will see what I mean.I sold there with litle risk and lots of downside potential. The price has returned to the line and the 2nd rectangle giving me another selling chance. The usd/chf trades this week have returned to the line 4 times i think. I only need 1 big runner or even a few 1/2 trades to gain good pips. However because I take 1/2 off early I risk losing double when things go wrong.Some of your calls have been spot on and make me think,it just goes to show there are many ways to skin a cat and I always look at charts posted to see if theres anything Ive missed or can add on. I am generally bearish about the euro as I see a trend has been broken so Im looking for short chances. If I say that over 80% of my trades are shorts,it might say how irrational my thoughts are:)

Thanks LF

BTW I try to be neutral as much as I can - usually if I feel bearish price goes up and vice versa LOL

Have just returned to posting some trades here, I am in a long siver position for a while now and need a excuse for the wife, as to why I can't go out shopping with her.

My reason for selling cable here is its overbought and at a minor resistance.

Have just returned to posting some trades here, I am in a long siver position for a while now and need a excuse for the wife, as to why I can't go out shopping with her.

My reason for selling cable here is its overbought and at a minor resistance.

just show her a pic of the debonair Flash,sure to impress her:)

morning all

Im looking at nzd/jpy for what I think is 7 on the trot on thread or possibly 8 from 9,
prior to that I had a bad run.Problem is that most of them have been small trades

The first rectangle in the chart is where i sold from last time.The 2nd is the potential sell area.anywhere between 64.55 and 64.75 is good with an ideal price at 64.70. its alovely looking t/l pullback to an area of resistance

having talked myself into this trade far to early,lady has been with me again so far,as you can see the price reached 64.78.my stop was 82,so with the spread it was less than a pip away again. If I get away with this one I really will laugh out loud and take screenshots so that i can look at it next time I get taken by one pip. i have moved stop t0 64.90 to give a little more room and ensure the line is covered

Just a quick question
Does anyone here take the dollar index into consideration before trading any $ related trade?

non-system trade but having a punt before I leave for work.
long cable 1.6230
20pip stop
30pip target