Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

another bottom catching
buy eur/usd at 1.3044 stop at 1.3024

:!::sick:it's a bit tough on nerves - this double top/bottom catching technique
Also one has to be prepared for a doubly whammy if not successful (no treble - I give up after two)

tlb, I'm really trying to understand your trades but can't understand the motivation for your many scalp trades, the numbers just don't stack up...

My Trades: Last week was probably one of my worst weeks for sometime but I recorded 37 pips off 12 trades...this week up until last night I'm on 76 pips off 7 trades...

Your trades: last week I total up that you got 17 pips off 23 trades and up until last evening you have a total of 4 pips off 37 trades...apologies if there is some adding errors as there are so many trades but what I add up does not match what you say you've made..

Please understand, I'm not having a go at you, just trying to understand if the scalping you're doing is really worth while, experience tells me it will never be but I love to learn...this is meant to be a constructive observation..

Please correct my math if it's incorrect but for now less trades, bigger stops yields better results..

The motivation for many of my trades comes moving averages , trendllines , support resistance and price action.One of my trades called at 38 for 40 pips was a price action entry based on a quadruple bottom, posted on the other thread , the second entry at 55 for 20 was a breakout entry from yesterday mornings high.This morning's entry was based on supports at 80 and 60 the overnight support.Yesterday's afternoon trades were based on fed announcement and support resistance.

I don't know how you get the numbers .Are they from this thread or the other?The figures on the other thread are correct i.e net profit.

Bigger stops will always yield higher profits per trade than scalps of 10 pips , cause of spread as a percentage of profits.It also depends on entry , exit ,timing and trade .

The scalping I am doing is worthwhile , only if it is done with the trends and done it correctly.Last two days I have not applied the system correctly with many price action scalps,counter mini trend and instinct /fundamental scalps , hence the losses on scalping.I have also tried to run my profits in last two days , otherwise results would be better by 20 pips for this week on other thread.

If I just scalp for 10 pips max per trade I should make 150 pips a week scalping with trends consistently.

The motivation for many of my trades comes moving averages , trendllines , support resistance and price action.One of my trades called at 38 for 40 pips was a price action entry based on a quadruple bottom, posted on the other thread , the second entry at 55 for 20 was a breakout entry from yesterday mornings high.This morning's entry was based on supports at 80 and 60 the overnight support.Yesterday's afternoon trades were based on fed announcement and support resistance.

I don't know how you get the numbers .Are they from this thread or the other?The figures on the other thread are correct i.e net profit.

Bigger stops will always yield higher profits per trade than scalps of 10 pips , cause of spread as a percentage of profits.It also depends on entry , exit ,timing and trade .

The scalping I am doing is worthwhile , only if it is done with the trends and done it correctly.Last two days I have not applied the system correctly with many price action scalps,counter mini trend and instinct /fundamental scalps , hence the losses on scalping.I have also tried to run my profits in last two days , otherwise results would be better by 20 pips for this week on other thread.

If I just scalp for 10 pips max per trade I should make 150 pips a week scalping with trends consistently.

Pips are from both threads, the running total you give on your thread does not add up so you need to check this.

Okay, so lets say for arguments sake you do manage to hit 150 pips for the week, you're doing this at £1/pip going by your charts, and doing this from 50 or so trades a week and posting 2 or 3 times per trade!! This is hard work for very poor return, I would not do it..

I've also said before, if you do this at £10/£20 per pip I would suspect IG would kick your account very quickly...(if you did manage to get 150 pips/week that is)

Pips are from both threads, the running total you give on your thread does not add up so you need to check this.

Okay, so lets say for arguments sake you do manage to hit 150 pips for the week, you're doing this at £1/pip going by your charts, and doing this from 50 or so trades a week and posting 2 or 3 times per trade!! This is hard work for very poor return, I would not do it..

I've also said before, if you do this at £10/£20 per pip I would suspect IG would kick your account very quickly...(if you did manage to get 150 pips/week that is)

I check them regularly and they have been checked twice .I don't count the ones on this thread.

Scalping 50 trades a week gives consistent profits ,whereas there may not be consistency with swing and trend trades .I find it better to scalp.

Why would I G kick me out ?

I will go to interactive , if I G kick me out. In fact it is better for I G to cover in the market , when I trade 1 to 5 full lots.They find it difficult to cover 10 to 20 k.

TLB ive just noticed on the charts on your thread your positions are at £1 pp,how do you pay your guys wages from making 7 points a day?

TLB ive just noticed on the charts on your thread your positions are at £1 pp,how do you pay your guys wages from making 7 points a day?

They are going to full full lots from first January , the trades you see on screen are not the scalping trades , they are swing and trend trades from systems.We have a different account for scalping.

These are system trades not called live , not scalping trades on I G AT 1 PER POINT .Sort of thing Knell does ,which my staff do for me.

Was not trying to interrupt this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_13122012_141133.jpg
    IMG_13122012_141133.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 100
They are going to full full lots from first January , the trades you see on screen are not the scalping trades , they are swing and trend trades from systems.We have a different account for scalping.

ahh,i see but those trades werent showing in the open positions. I dont have aproblem with anyone trading at £1pp by the way.so do you have another account you take those trades from. I am also greatly concerned about the tax implications of what you are doing. If you are paying these guys wages they have to pay taxes,even if it is a sb account

ahh,i see but those trades werent showing in the open positions. I dont have aproblem with anyone trading at £1pp by the way.so do you have another account you take those trades from. I am also greatly concerned about the tax implications of what you are doing. If you are paying these guys wages they have to pay taxes,even if it is a sb account

Somebody else pays them from abroad and they are abroad with me .

These are system trades not called live , not scalping trades on I G AT 1 PER POINT .Sort of thing Knell does ,which my staff do for me.

Was not trying to interrupt this thread.

ah okay, so it's $1 per pip, not even £1 per pip...

Can your staff join T2W and post their trades? I'd prefer to see those type trades, your scalping trades carry enormous amount of posts which are easier to follow on your thread as a "scalping" thread..