Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

most pairs appear that way.im still in a usd/chf trade from monday with a 60 pip range for the 4 days

It's bizarre, I have a particular strategy I use on eurusd. It was steadily climbing equity (over 3 years) until we hit November. Now it's steadily going down!

Hate it when strategies do this. :cool:

I wonder if its the time of year that is having an effect?
I have deviated from my usual pairs like the eur/usd and cable, migrated to the JPY pairs and have seen nothing but losses for the month.

I like the volatility of the JPY pairs, will have to switch on the small stake account to practice it more and understand them better.

I wonder if its the time of year that is having an effect?
I have deviated from my usual pairs like the eur/usd and cable, migrated to the JPY pairs and have seen nothing but losses for the month.

I like the volatility of the JPY pairs, will have to switch on the small stake account to practice it more and understand them better.

Maybe eurusd is losing it's reserve currency status? So it loses it's in and out flows that have brought it nice swings.

Or maybe it's just november and things are starting to slow (altho this hasnt been evident in last decade that I've traded it).

Interestingly, if you snap on an daily ATR we have moved from an ATR of around 150 in 2011 to an ATR of only 90 in 2012....... that's probably the true story behind it's demise.

If there is decreasing volatility, there's less opportunity to profit.

jesus you post a trade and its as loser out -8

just fustrated as that was my third trade today others were winners ,

It is in a down trend, but there is no momentum. I won't close it though - only if it hits the stop at 1.2760

IMO it's been strange for a long time - it's an artificial market with some normal moves in between the interventions

NOmentum

Peter

ahhh, the good old days, 3 to 4 years ago the EU had a trading range of about 200 pips. It could go from high to low and back to high again in about 6 hours (400 pip round trip!!) Today: 80-90 pip trading range, with a move of 30 pips the biggest excitement of the day.

This is the calm before the storm, believe me!!:cheesy:

ahhh, the good old days, 3 to 4 years ago the EU had a trading range of about 200 pips. It could go from high to low and back to high again in about 6 hours (400 pip round trip!!) Today: 80-90 pip trading range, with a move of 30 pips the biggest excitement of the day.

This is the calm before the storm, believe me!!:cheesy:

This is why I am spending more time and effort on the JPY crosses
So far have learnt that tight stops do not work on them.