Best Thread Live Cable Trading

morning eaton, any trades yet? looking at what could be a flag, and seeing if the recent pullback does something to yesterdays low (which has been broken)....lets see if support becomes resistance, and we can see 7280 during the day....

there is a daily hammer with a low at 7306 (or so) on the 16th of feb, that started an uptrend. wonder if that will hold the move down.

jacinto said:
morning eaton, any trades yet? looking at what could be a flag, and seeing if the recent pullback does something to yesterdays low (which has been broken)....lets see if support becomes resistance, and we can see 7280 during the day....

there is a daily hammer with a low at 7306 (or so) on the 16th of feb, that started an uptrend. wonder if that will hold the move down.

Morning. No trades yet today but I remain short from yesterday looking for 7250 as a target. The daily MACD had neg cross in confirmation of the slow stoch cross and both have further to run so more downside is poss before oversold conditions arrive.

Would like to see some EUR weakness / USD strengthe to support the short trade tho. Currently we're benefitting from EURGBP strength rather than much else.

eatontrade said:
Would like to see some EUR weakness / USD strengthe to support the short trade tho. Currently we're benefitting from EURGBP strength rather than much else.
euro will try to break 75, which was strong support. lets see if that is resistance now. good luck

jacinto said:
euro will try to break 75, which was strong support. lets see if that is resistance now. good luck

It's been banging it's head on the 75-80 level all morning, but the pull backs are very small, so a break could be significant.

Then again, it may not.

G-Man

jacinto said:
moved it up 5 pips, still alive, but will get stopped as we speak
brought stop to breakeven, when cable went below 320. stopped out. initial stop that was moved to 43, still holding. Thats what happens when one doesnt have cold feet. well. we'll see if original stop holds, and cable does turnaround and give the expected 40 pips. :eek: new lesson to be learned. learn at least one every day.

still dollar bullish, but wont go in anymore. my brain is tired from this morning. good weekend.

Heres a good reason not to trade ccy futures !

After the data cable moved up a little but the futue spiked up to 1.7400 (the equivalent of 1.7380) stopping me out at the equivalent of 1.7374 - P*ssed off ? Oh yes !

has this week been under-average for you guys on Cable pip-wise ?

jezza went into a catatonic state with regards to the low volatility, and needed chopsticks up his nose to prop up his head, and the smelling-salts effect from a pair of well-worn kecks to keep him conscious.

could you quantify the under-performance, eg, 20% fewer pips than normal, etc ?

The last 2 weeks for me as it goes Trendie... even the chopsticks didn't help!

The week before this one supplied my first net losing week of the year which really shook the boat and I decided to play it smaller this week 'just in case'. I have ended up this week, but only just, and of course, due to the smaller lot size its felt just as bad.

Looking back (the debatable head and shoulders forming the two solid thin move days for each shoulder and the head) and from others input, (re: Q1 and Q4 volumes can thin out), I'm hoping that next week may get back to some larger moves. My methods allow for chop but also require more larger (50+) moves. Really hoping for more larger swings next week or its back to the drawing board!

Hmmm, maybe I should moan more often!!!

looks like a nice end to the week after all!

Was that the housing stats anyone?

Just seen it, worst in 9 years... should rise nicely till the end of day (hopefully)....

Can some one tell me how to start a new thread or post here please ( I know my query is not relevant to cable sorry!)

gamma said:
Can some one tell me how to start a new thread or post here please ( I know my query is not relevant to cable sorry!)

goto T2W HomePage
select Discussion
select Discussion Boards
select appropriate heading, ( Forex, Indices, Brokerages, etc )
at top-left, there will be a "new thread" button.

the new thread that you start will have the title you choose, and will be placed in the correct section. ( Forex, Indices, etc )

cable

GBP/USD
Long term - down trend from 16 December 2004 with second main Resistance at 1.7650
Medium term - up trend from 28 November 2005 with first main Support at 1.7260
Selling (Short term positions).
Resistance: 1.7490, 1.7590, 1.7600, 1.7650
Support: 1.7260
Fibonacci level 38.2% at 1.8000
Fibonacci level 23.6% at 1.7635

kon_london said:
good news for monday ... the pound grows

Well it looks like we are stuck in a side trend, and I'll be looking for a break either way.

Regards VSATrader

Attachments

• Reuters Quote Centre Chart 30m.jpg
    Reuters Quote Centre Chart 30m.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 209