Best Thread Live Cable Trading

jacinto said:
agree. i was very tempted for a long at 56, cant work out all the conflicting signals....that fib support @ 55 seems very strong, but cable feels very heavy. How can one go against a hanging man in the daily chart. choppy choppy.

And I am supposed to learn under these conditions! guess a holiday is nicer.

Looks like it could have been a good move. Maybe next time just do a half size position.

jacinto said:
Only me attempting an asian breakout north. :eek:

Hi all

Thought I might try a short on this market based on a favourite pattern I use , so went short this morning at 1.7492 with stop at 1.7518

Lets see what happens, managed to capture a profit on a similar trade entry on AUD/JPY last week so fingers crossed.

Good Luck

Cheers

AC

eatontrade said:
Looks like it could have been a good move. Maybe next time just do a half size position.

unfortunately in tha past tense.......well, next time. out to pick up the 3year old from nursery. hopefully she will be able to show me how to draw a trendline.

timaru69 said:
Hi all

Thought I might try a short on this market based on a favourite pattern I use , so went short this morning at 1.7492 with stop at 1.7518

Lets see what happens, managed to capture a profit on a similar trade entry on AUD/JPY last week so fingers crossed.

Good Luck

Cheers

AC

well done.......want to share the pattern?

jacinto said:
well done.......want to share the pattern?

Hi Jacinto

Sorry mate got to maintain my edge :LOL:

I assume by your post it is in profit, won't be able to check it until I get home.

Good Luck

timaru69 said:
Hi Jacinto

Sorry mate got to maintain my edge :LOL:

I assume by your post it is in profit, won't be able to check it until I get home.

Good Luck

But if you'd told us we would have all sold it too and it would have gone down even faster ! :LOL:

....a couple of charts showing my cable setup for this morning; basic stuff, which I am likely to begin trading with when full-time (amongst other setups). EUR/USD also provided a similar opportunity.

Attachments

• Cable 15min 220306.GIF
    Cable 15min 220306.GIF
    74.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Cable 15min 220306 update.GIF
    Cable 15min 220306 update.GIF
    73.2 KB · Views: 184
eatontrade said:
But if you'd told us we would have all sold it too and it would have gone down even faster ! :LOL:

Ah, you say that now but would you really have done it? :LOL:
Would it have mattered? :p

eatontrade said:
Maybe not but the point is valid. Sharing your set up wouldn't harm your 'edge'.

seconded. should have taken that long @ 56 (been out an hour 1/2, and got to go in 50 minutes). if there's nthing soon, thats the day gone.

is there a triangle forming in eurosterling? (60, 30, 15 minute charts)......where is cable going then?

jacinto said:
is there a triangle forming in eurosterling? (60, 30, 15 minute charts)......where is cable going then?

My guess is that we grind back up to the top of the 7450-7505 range which should take the hourly stiochs back up to the top, and then it heads lower, breaks the bottom range and we see 7250 in the next few days.

All IMHO.

eatontrade said:
My guess is that we grind back up to the top of the 7450-7505 range which should take the hourly stiochs back up to the top, and then it heads lower, breaks the bottom range and we see 7250 in the next few days.

All IMHO.

fair enough. I'm dollar bullish overall, but short term, anything can happen. mind how the current 10 minute bar closes. if it is below the close of the previos green candle, I will be ready to consider a short.

eatontrade said:

All IMHO.

Hi Eatontrade

I hope you are right :LOL: . Especially the bit about 7505 being top of the range.

jacinto said:
Ironically, I was asleep and wake up to this. Well, at least got some rest :LOL:

Hi all

Continuing on from my earlier posts of short at 1.7492.

Thought I would lower my stop on half my position today , and of course it just got touched before the drop, oh well still in with remaing half.