Best Thread Live Cable Trading

.... But is it worth watching all day waiting or just wait till 7pm for the FED.....?

Have a feeling its going nowhere till then....

Anyone remember the days leading up to the decision? Are they normally tightly range bound until then?

jezza888 said:
guess you're right......though you can always see a breakout from the range. wouldn't put my money behind my words. it will be scalping for me if there is a chance, otherwise, house chores today. :|

jacinto said:
guess you're right......though you can always see a breakout from the range. wouldn't put my money behind my words. it will be scalping for me if there is a chance, otherwise, house chores today. :|
seems like everybody but cable managed to break from the ranges.

jacinto said:
seems like everybody but cable managed to break from the ranges.

Yeah, keep an eye on EURGBP. It broke resistance at 6890 and popped up to 6906 which has been enough to keep cable down.

eatontrade said:
Yeah, keep an eye on EURGBP. It broke resistance at 6890 and popped up to 6906 which has been enough to keep cable down.

i took a short in euro at 2070, since the pound is so boring. lets see how that works out. already stops at breakeven, so could be an easy ride for the day.

I'll be glad when this US rate hike is out of the way, currency action everywhere is making no sense to me at all for the last 7-10 days. Even today, BoE issue what would normally be taken as a warning and the pound gets stronger. Weird.

DJ BOE's King: Downside Risks To UK Consumer Spending
LONDON (Dow Jones)--Bank of England Governor Mervyn King said Tuesday there could be downside risks to consumer spending in the U.K.
Speaking before a committee of U.K. members of parliament, King said in his introductory remarks that there "may be downside risks to consumer spending in particular."
King also said that the future path of energy prices presented a "major risk to the U.K. economy." He said that energy price rises in the past year could already have eroded the supply capacity of the economy.

Short yesterday 1.7488. Would have been nice to be out at overnight low of 7440 but I was looking lower and set my exit at 7420. So this morning yesterdays paper profits have evaporated. Not enjoying Cable lately, seems more like a game going on, fortunately making money on USDCAD.

Uphios said:
Short yesterday 1.7488. Would have been nice to be out at overnight low of 7440 but I was looking lower and set my exit at 7420. So this morning yesterdays paper profits have evaporated. Not enjoying Cable lately, seems more like a game going on, fortunately making money on USDCAD.

sorry about that. good about loonie. have a look at swissie. could give a nice reversal if euro tanks..... ;)

Don't really see Euro tanking though. Good news out of Germany and the world seems to think that as long as Germany is OK then the Euro must be. Loonie is a great bet lately. Sound economy, loads of oil, gold, lumber and other commods. Interest rate still reasonabley low so plent of manouvering room and a positive budget balance. Puts most of the other so called developed countries to shame. Because they do not beat their own drum to much they keep being allowed to drift weaker and every time they come back. Excellent trading.

jacinto said:
i took a short in euro at 2070, since the pound is so boring. lets see how that works out. already stops at breakeven, so could be an easy ride for the day.

out at breakeven on that one. looking for something that is not choppy and is tradable. so long swissie, at a fib support with hammers looking for a reversal. cable is a puzzling nightmare.

sorry, long dollar, short swissie.

Last edited:
possible

inverted head and shoulders anyone?

Attachments

• 5.gif
    5.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 122
jezza888 said:
inverted head and shoulders anyone?

Could be but I doubt it. So far the dollars decline seems to be limited to Euro and Sterling. Against Yen and Cad it is moving in a tight range. In fact I longed the USDYEN yesterday at a better number than we have hit so far today. Don't know what is making Europe and sterling in particular so bullish but I think it will end in tears.

Everyone looking forward to later?

Heres hoping for a HUGE move one way or the other! The charts tell me one thing but the general view says SELL! Best wait for the announcement really.... should be good whatever happens....