Best Thread Live Cable Trading

chrisw said:
A chart can tell you everything...!

Besides by the time you know the news its too late IMO.......... esp. today

There are plenty of time to catch the train. We can all get some of the move.

but why did the price collapse as it did, down to 7625 as I type, is this just a stop gunning excercise or a more serious move?

I know this thread is Cable related, but has anyone else noticed that d4f are still suspending trades in $/Yen, fully one hour after NFP figures? Are they doing so with other FX pairs?

DITD said:
What amazes me is how far out the NFP estimates are from the published figures!

They always are. I don't know why. That's why we can always expect a big move after NFP data -but not like in the good, old days, when it could move 200 pips or more.

Orion said:
I know this thread is Cable related, but has anyone else noticed that d4f are still suspending trades in $/Yen, fully one hour after NFP figures? Are they doing so with other FX pairs?

Personally I wouldn’t do the USDJPY with D4F, even under normal circumstances they are so slow to fill the order it would be quicker to wait for options to expire.

It's 1506, more than one and a half hours after NFP, and still d4f are continuing to suspend trading in $/Yen. What a bunch of ***ts. That's done it for me with them. Time to go elsewhere.

I think the hans123 AM trade was home run with max 120 pips.

however, the PM trade was short, but got reversed out for a loss.

Short term indicators look positive. Stochs coming out of oversold, MACD confirmation, ADX showing downtrend VERY over done, hourlies oversold too with stochs on the verge of a postv cross.......

Of course all this means b*llocks if everyone keeps selling the pound !

Am long also... COME ON CABLE !!!

neil said:
Mines a pint :cheesy:

Not me !!! Hans123.

I suffered from the same old same old... premature evacuation from a cable short, after the figures, for a paltry 20 pips.

Had trouble getting filled and then just panicked completely..... Never going to get the hang of this.

A late rebound is possible probably after lunch. The volume has really dried up with few big orders going through on the order book. I would think it will needs to move down to 17600 to start the climb back up.

Baruch said:
Not bad. Maybe the system is not so bad as I thought? But you have to accept some large losses now and then...

600 points on average per month. The problem is getting the leverage right. I made the point on Hans' thread that it was an "all or nothing" system i.e, If your first month is a "down" month do not jack it in.

Some bloke was bitching on there today about not trading NFP as it had screwed him over in Nov and Dec and his account had been badly dented blah blah...

I seriously think some people see the month that it generated 1000 pips and expect it every month. Key word is AVERAGE. You can't pick and choose the trades. Just wish I had 50K to give it a go for a year. Still, tonights' Euromillions lottery win will sort that ;)

Premature...?

Kaffee said:
Not me !!! Hans123.

I suffered from the same old same old... premature evacuation from a cable short, after the figures, for a paltry 20 pips.

Had trouble getting filled and then just panicked completely..... Never going to get the hang of this.

Only a doctor can help you with that complaint - sorry, couldn't resist :cheesy: