Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Ripcord said:
PS. Nice Big Ben trade this morning
Baruch

I have lost count of how many times this has been pointed out to you.

The Big Ben breakout is based on the 7am - 8 am GMT range.

Now being as up till now it has not broken that range how on earth can it be a nice trade!

I think he meant his version (Big Baruch).

Edit:- Seeing as we've now broken it.... I'll stick my neck out and say it's only good for 20 or so pips today.... if that.

Kaffee said:
I think he meant his version (Big Baruch).

But that is also not true Kaffee.

As he himself pointed out, his system was based on trading the first reversal of the opening trend from 7.

Again there was no decent trade here either.

dc,

After a long time of watching I decided to start trading cable, nice to see that you are active here.

I started with £1 a pip, knowing that I am bound to have to go through the initial learning curve, and sure enough I went long on Friday, just before the fall. Too predictable to even worry about it.

I too think that there will be another push down, just for the sake of it, there are just too many stops placed just under the support line and there will be a temptation to take them out in a spike done before the turn

Ripcord said:

As he himself pointed out, his system was based on trading the first reversal of the opening trend from 7.

I think the overiding signal was the Euro action. (Depending if the day had a "y" in it !! ;) ) But there's only one man who knows what he traded.... C'mon Baruch, what did you do this morning ??

Kaffee said:
I think the overiding signal was the Euro action. (Depending if the day had a "y" in it !! ;) ) But there's only one man who knows what he traded.... C'mon Baruch, what did you do this morning ??

I agree, explain your nice Big Ben trade for us Baruch, what was it based on? Secondly did you trade it?

Ripcord said:
PS. Nice Big Ben trade this morning.

Baruch

Now being as up till now it has not broken that range how on earth can it be a nice trade!

[/QUOTE]

OK, so let us call it Big Baruch - I don't care. I trade the breakout from the 6am - 7am GMT range. I don't know about London, but in Frankfurt and the Euroland banks etc. trading starts from around 7 am.

Baruch said:
Baruch

OK, so let us call it Big Baruch - I don't care. I trade the breakout from the 6am - 7am GMT range. I don't know about London, but in Frankfurt and the Euroland banks etc. trading starts from around 7 am.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did think it might be because of the time difference.

Ripcord said:
I agree, explain your nice Big Ben trade for us Baruch, what was it based on? Secondly did you trade it?

1. It's just Bin Ben starting 7.00 am GMT (one hour before Big Ben).

2. Yes, but not if major news are coming out in the morning (I am always flat before big news - I am not a gambler).

Kaffee said:
OK, so let us call it Big Baruch - I don't care. I trade the breakout from the 6am - 7am GMT range. I don't know about London, but in Frankfurt and the Euroland banks etc. trading starts from around 7 am.

Yes I did think it might be because of the time difference.[/QUOTE]

Yes, 7.00 am GMT is 8.00 am CET. And maybe we here in Europe also starts the working day earlier than in UK?

A long long time ago
I can still remember how that music used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while
But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver

Baruch said:

Yes, 7.00 am GMT is 8.00 am CET. And maybe we here in Europe also starts the working day earlier than in UK?[/QUOTE]

Everybody who trades forex should know when the markets open in different zones, it is not new news.

However what I am highlighting, and you can check back in this thread, is that on more than one occasion you have asked for an explanation of the Big Ben trade. Even after having it clearly defined you still repeatedly call it wrong.

Now for me it is a source of amusement but why i choose to draw attention to it is that there are many new traders who read this thread and you will do nothing but confuse them that is what i find frustrating.

Baruch time

Baruch said:

Yes, 7.00 am GMT is 8.00 am CET. And maybe we here in Europe also starts the working day earlier than in UK?[/QUOTE]

(5 Minute Chart)

Is this an example of what Baruch means when he talks of his Big ben set up?

Attachments

• monday.JPG
    monday.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 174
Ripcord said:
However what I am highlighting, and you can check back in this thread, is that on more than one occasion you have asked for an explanation of the Big Ben trade. Even after having it clearly defined you still repeatedly call it wrong.

If you read back far enough, you will find that Baruch has posted his version of Big Ben several times, more commonly known as Big Baruch.

Don't worry Baruch, the rest of us know what you are talking about! :LOL:

Ripcord said:

No decent trade? Don't you call 50 pips a decent trade? :cheesy:

purplekiwi said:
If you read back far enough, you will find that Baruch has posted his version of Big Ben several times, more commonly known as Big Baruch.

Don't worry Baruch, the rest of us know what you are talking about! :LOL:

Thank you. Maybe we could call the two versions of Big Ben for Early Big Ben and Late Big Ben? I trade Early Big Ben (or Big Baruch), and I must say the method has produced some nice trades. Thank you to whom which pointed this Big Ben method out - cant remember who it was...If you don't know what to do, but you need some pips, you can always trade that - the risk is small. But you have to get up in the morning! :cheesy:

neil said:
Yes, 7.00 am GMT is 8.00 am CET. And maybe we here in Europe also starts the working day earlier than in UK?

(5 Minute Chart)

Is this an example of what Baruch means when he talks of his Big ben set up?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. Thank you, neil. ;)