Best Thread Live Cable Trading

purplekiwi said:
If you read back far enough, you will find that Baruch has posted his version of Big Ben several times, more commonly known as Big Baruch.

Don't worry Baruch, the rest of us know what you are talking about! :LOL:

Purple

I have been a follower of this thread since page 2 so I have read the lot.

If you, like me, make money regularly then it does not matter. My concern was the confusion that new traders have when reading too much info. Calling one system the same name as another already in existance does no favours to anybody.

Also there where several pages where Baruch could not define his system and many subscribers questioned it. Today its a breakout but on several pages it was based on the first reversal of the opening trend with a lot of gut feel.

Now I'm not having a go at his system only the fact that he repeatedly refers to something incorrectly and appears to want something named after him.

I do however wish him success in his trading

I make the early move from 601 to 606 If you are saying to reverse this was a low risk trade then I would have to dissagree

This was IMO a very high risk trade this is because there is no way a 5 pip move can constitute enough of a trend to warrant fading the move, secondly we had bounced off Fridays low just minutes before and lastly it gapped down to your entry so there was a risk of these being filled before continuation.

Ripcord said:
Purple

I have been a follower of this thread since page 2 so I have read the lot.

If you, like me, make money regularly then it does not matter. My concern was the confusion that new traders have when reading too much info. Calling one system the same name as another already in existance does no favours to anybody.

Also there where several pages where Baruch could not define his system and many subscribers questioned it. Today its a breakout but on several pages it was based on the first reversal of the opening trend with a lot of gut feel.

Now I'm not having a go at his system only the fact that he repeatedly refers to something incorrectly and appears to want something named after him.

I do however wish him success in his trading

Yes, I started by trying to trade the first opposite move (trend change), but I have found out that Big Ben works better - but only if you use it an hour earlier. I am sorry for the confusion between the two methods/systems - that why I suggest calling it Early Big Ben. This name gives credit to Big Ben, but also says that this is not the original Big Ben. I don't like to call it Big Baruch, because it's not my system - I only changed two (but very important) rules in Big Ben. The time and the need for a confirmation from eur/usd.

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
I make the early move from 601 to 606 If you are saying to reverse this was a low risk trade then I would have to dissagree

This was IMO a very high risk trade this is because there is no way a 5 pip move can constitute enough of a trend to warrant fading the move, secondly we had bounced off Fridays low just minutes before and lastly it gapped down to your entry so there was a risk of these being filled before continuation.

I suppose all trades are high risk, because in the market everything can happen. ;)

This confusion has come about by Baruch repeatedly calling his approach, "Big Ben" when in fact t is "Big Baruch". So, for the avoidance of doubt to some of the newbies on here:

Big Baruch

Trade the first "major" move after 7am CET as confirmed by the Euro. Thereafter, hop on one leg, pluck the hair of a black cat, flap your arms and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper :cheesy: :cheesy:

(Im just teasing Baruch!)

Big Ben

Determine the 7am-8am (GMT) range. Trade the breakout in the direction of the range.

Hope this clarifies for all.

zuke said:
This confusion has come about by Baruch repeatedly calling his approach, "Big Ben" when in fact t is "Big Baruch". So, for the avoidance of doubt to some of the newbies on here:

Big Baruch

Trade the first "major" move after 7am CET as confirmed by the Euro. Thereafter, hop on one leg, pluck the hair of a black cat, flap your arms and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper :cheesy: :cheesy:

(Im just teasing Baruch!)

Big Ben

Determine the 7am-8am (GMT) range. Trade the breakout in the direction of the range.

Hope this clarifies for all.

As long as the cat catch mouse, I don't care about the colour. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

PS. I give up: I will call the new or early Big Ben for Big Baruch, so no one gets confused...

PPS. Did you trade Big Ben today, zuke?

does anyone know if MT-4 has the MACD 2-lines display indicator ?
( I seem to have only the histogram, and signl line )

trendie said:
does anyone know if MT-4 has the MACD 2-lines display indicator ?
( I seem to have only the histogram, and signl line )
Hi there,

Found this a while ago on another board, i didn't code it, but it seems to work fine - hope its of some use.

Vegas5 said:
Hi there,

Found this a while ago on another board, i didn't code it, but it seems to work fine - hope its of some use.

doh - give me a mo and i'll zip it!

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home;
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home.

Baruch said:
I suppose Hans is short in both cable and euro now?

Wish I was !

Wheres the bottom eh ! a few subsequent smalltentative longs are starting to hurt.

Apparently large stops reside below 7515 and if tripped we will see 74xx and some

Vegas5 said:
never zipped a file before, so dunno if its been done correctly. Can anyone else open it?

seems ok.
( dont try to open it straight off. save it to desktop. then you can open it. it contains macd2.mq4 )

thanks Vegas.