Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Nope still Long but was expecting 529 below 518 and I will look for an exit

Last edited:
mark twain uk said:
it's the .mq4 that does not work for me, what software you need to read this?

mq4 will only work on metatrader 4 platform.

i.e. interbankfx trader, strategy builder fx4 and of course, metatrader 4.

Hmmm, very impressive, beating your vastly smaller neighbour's second team at home...

dc2000 said:
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home;
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home.

trendie said:
seems ok.
( dont try to open it straight off. save it to desktop. then you can open it. it contains macd2.mq4 )

thanks Vegas.

Thank you. I try that.

dc2000 said:
Yes I am out of my short and have a small long position at the mo, first target is 579

Hmmm dc,

You wrote this 10.19. So how can you still be short 11.41?? :rolleyes:

And to clarify I am Long but as we have dropped below target I will exit 2/3rds at 560 and leave 1/3rd running with a stop at 529

A drop to 495 would see me take a loss on the position and exit

LONG 519 10 lots..looking for daily minimum (40 pips) for target 1 but will add to position thereafter. Looking for 150 pips by Wednesday. Stop 479

Blimey Zuke I am getting the distinct impression you are upping your game and are no longer looking for the 30 pips per day average

TomH wrote this a bit earlier:

"I am have taken a short position this morning in the US dollar around 08.20 UK time at 1.7560. The charts below are the reasons behind this call. Today is a classic Fib triangle confluence day and the ABC correction has completed with the equality of wave A with wave C."

Does this mean that he is on the same side as those currently long, say zuke is long from 519?

dc2000 said:
Blimey Zuke I am getting the distinct impression you are upping your game and are no longer looking for the 30 pips per day average

Im trying a new technique, whereby I go for higher percentage trades with big size, earlier in the week, to take the pressure of the days towards the end. Ive upped my daily target to 40 pips now as my usual method (variation on vegas tunnel) has become very consistent over the last 3 months.

yeah, he's bearish dollars, anticipating higher cable, probably looks in on t2win too. :)

The Pound so far

A quick update on the cable

Attachments

• monday.JPG
    monday.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 126
that's all right then, I have dc, TomH and zuke (in alphabetical order) on my side, so I'll stick with my long for the time being

Im only long for now, as I stated above most of my position will be closed when I get an exit

mark twain uk said:
that's all right then, I have dc, TomH and zuke (in alphabetical order) on my side, so I'll stick with my long for the time being

The trend is still down in cable (so why buck it?), but maybe we now have a double bottom in euro.

PS. Big Baruch has made around 90 pips - so far. Much better than Big Ben and Hans123. It pays off to be a early bird... :cheesy:

Last edited:
don't worry, dc, I was not entirely serious, I should have used some smilies, I do have my target and exit points, it's just that it will be over days rather than hours

Last edited:
ChowClown said:
We had a weekly close above 7800 a couple of weeks ago (7871) which closed above the major resistance trendline. The trendline has supported the last two weeks but the wave structure from the low in the chart suggests a pullback soon imo, perhaps towards the 200 MA. Today's NFP could be the catalyst.....
....7435 anyone?

Attachments

• Wkly Cable 060206.GIF
    Wkly Cable 060206.GIF
    36.5 KB · Views: 130