Best Thread Live Cable Trading

US open effect?

Still bumping along from this mornings short. Maybe the US open will cause a reaction?

Attachments

• monday.JPG
    monday.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 128
neil said:
Still bumping along from this mornings short. Maybe the US open will cause a reaction?

Lot of MA's converging around 525.... on the 5 minute chart

mark twain uk said:
that's all right then, I have dc, TomH and zuke (in alphabetical order) on my side, so I'll stick with my long for the time being

I have now reversed and gone short - this is also a powerful Long signal

does anyone monitor DiNapoli Levels in their trading ?
( ant views on this guy - bought the book over weekend )

eatontrade said:
I have now reversed and gone short - this is also a powerful Long signal

to save you the effort of posting, just give us your credit card pin number.
( seriously, I know how you feel )

Anyone thinking of going long I had a sell at 16:00 at 7508 it looks like it could be shaping for a bottom shortly anyone got any thoughts - I will review at 17:30.

Baruch said:
PS. Nice Big Baruch trade this morning.

Yes, 150 pips are not so bad... :cheesy:

PS. I changed the quote from Big Ben to Big Baruch so we don't get anymore confusion...

Baruch said:
Yes, 150 pips are not so bad... :cheesy:

PS. I changed the quote from Big Ben to Big Baruch so we don't get anymore confusion...

So Baruch are you telling us that you are 150 points up today, if so when do you exit or are you pointing out that its been heavily trending since 7 am?

Ripcord said:
So Baruch are you telling us that you are 150 points up today, if so when do you exit or are you pointing out that its been heavily trending since 7 am?

I am telling you that if you took the Big Baruch signal this morning, you would now have around 150 pips in profit. Why do I tell it? Because it's more than Big Ben and Hans123, and we have been following those systems for some time.

Baruch said:
I am telling you that if you took the Big Baruch signal this morning, you would now have around 150 pips in profit. Why do I tell it? Because it's more than Big Ben and Hans123, and we have been following those systems for some time.

not strictly true, Baruch.

a: hans123 has definite rules for entry and exit, so back-testing is quantifiable.

b: Big Ben has a definite entry, but the exit criteria are vague, and upto each trader, and thus not quantifiable. ( some may wish to trail the trade, some may choose to take a daily target )

c: Big Baruch has a vaguely defineable entry, which cannot be back-tested, unless more exacting rules are invoked.
Big Baruch, as far as I am aware, has no defintie exit criteria, and thus cannot be back-tested.

In retrospect, 150 pips were on the cards, but without some defining exit rules, it is conjecture whether they would have been won, or whether a Big Baruch trader would have bailed out earlier.

has hans123 just missed a home-run of 120 pips by a mere 5 pips.

say it aint so !!

trendie said:
not strictly true, Baruch.

a: hans123 has definite rules for entry and exit, so back-testing is quantifiable.

b: Big Ben has a definite entry, but the exit criteria are vague, and upto each trader, and thus not quantifiable. ( some may wish to trail the trade, some may choose to take a daily target )

c: Big Baruch has a vaguely defineable entry, which cannot be back-tested, unless more exacting rules are invoked.
Big Baruch, as far as I am aware, has no defintie exit criteria, and thus cannot be back-tested.

In retrospect, 150 pips were on the cards, but without some defining exit rules, it is conjecture whether they would have been won, or whether a Big Baruch trader would have bailed out earlier.

a. Right.
b. Right.
c. Not right. Big Baruch is just Big Ben with a changed time rule (starts one hour earlier) , and a new rule: Confirmation from euro (to protect us against stop hunting in cable).
PS. Yes, the exit is a problem for both Big Ben and Big Baruch, and I need to think about that problem. But I don't think Hans123 has found the solution. Here you can have a profit of 105 pips, but end up with a b/e. That's a bad solution.

trendie said:
has hans123 just missed a home-run of 120 pips by a mere 5 pips.

say it aint so !!

Yes, that's the problem. You can make fine rules for exit, but if they don't work, they ain't good, and spoil the whole system. Why should you give up a 105 pips profit to get nothing?

Baruch said:

I am not seeking to pick on you Baruch but you do leave yourself open to it a bit.

So to clarify if the signal is taken and its a heavily trending day and you manage to hang on and identify the very bottom of the trend for the day then 150 pips is yours.

Mate, I dont care about your entries its your masterful exits that I wish to learn, I should be able to multiply my profits many times over (tongue firmly in cheek)!

PS. Or are exits only taken in the theory of hindsight, pehaps thats what ive missed

chrisw said:
Just out of curiuosity Baruch, do you post live trades too?

No, because I trade Big Baruch, and all here know the rules and therefore my entry, and I trade the news, and when trading the news I don't have time (or nerves) to post here. ;)

Ripcord said:
I am not seeking to pick on you Baruch but you do leave yourself open to it a bit.

So to clarify if the signal is taken and its a heavily trending day and you manage to hang on and identify the very bottom of the trend for the day then 150 pips is yours.

Mate, I dont care about your entries its your masterful exits that I wish to learn, I should be able to multiply my profits many times over (tongue firmly in cheek)!

PS. Or are exits only taken in the theory of hindsight, pehaps thats what ive missed

I suppose traders here don't care about how Baruch trades - they care about the Big Baruch method (I hope!). Because they can use Big Baruch, not me. Big Baruch (like Big Ben) gives some rules for entry - not for exit. That's why it makes no sense to talk about exit from Big Baruch, because exit has nothing to do with Big Baruch. But as I have said, I will think and work with this exit problem, and I hope I can make a complete system with exit rules like Hans123 - but only better. But we all know from trading: It's not the entry which matters, it's the exit, so it ain't easy... ;)

one for you guys ( and especially JonnyT, as he is interested in trading pullbacks into the main trend, not unlike myself )

have been reading DiNapoli Levels book.
I will leave out the D-Levels, and Fib retraces, etc.
However, he is quite particular about defining the trend, and the neatness of buying dips, and selling rallies.

He uses MACD at 8,17,9. When it is trailing down, the trend is down.
When trailing up, the trend is up.
( he describes this as showing the position of the strong-hands - thats the pros )

Then he uses Stochs set at 8,3,3.
( he describes this as showing the position of the weak-hands - thats me )

The simpler idea ( without the D-Levels, as I believe this could stand on its own as a mechanism ),
is that when the MACD trend is up, wait for the Stochs to fall, and then turn and rise again. The turning point is an ideal "buy the dip", ( weak hands being shaken out ) back into the broader trend.

Reversed for "selling rallies", whereby you wait for the Stochs to pitch up, and keel over, back downwards into direction of MACD direction.

Interestingly, the Stochs idea is surprisingly similar to Linda Bradford Raschkes "The Anti" signal, Stochs set to 7,10,4, where you use the 10 as the broad trend, and wait for the 7 to move away to extremes.
When the 7 "hooks back" towards the 10 line, you take the trade in the direction of the slower 10 line.
( pullback to the trend )

just something to mull over when you get bored counting your money.