Best Thread Live Cable Trading

bounced off L-3 earlier today.
now has hit H-3.
will it rebound lower now ?

EDIT: sorry. referring to cam-pivots.

Is anyone in?

I'm only paper trading but this is getting annoying, enter one way and it goes the other....

Looks like it might not go anywhere till NFP tommorrow at this rate?

jacinto said:
I would agree, but not before testing 200 daily MA at around 7827. :?:

funny how things congregate together. 1.7827 is also the upper region of the downward trend-line. weird. 1.7555 is the extrapolated line from previous high-to-low added to the last high.
assuming its going to behave in similar manner, the time zone is around 6:00pm tomorrow.
still havent pinned down all the turning points, but today is a Green Day.

Isnt it pretty ?

Attachments

• delta_002.GIF
    delta_002.GIF
    109.2 KB · Views: 220
remember I'm just a newbie that is learning. What I am seeing is that the market is not tired of testing that level (1.7880 on the 24th of jan). has not been able to break it since. it has given it 6 attacks. I would take out jan the 31st, since the spike was driven more by "end of month demand" rather than anything else.

The other interesting value to consider is 1.7720-28.....strong support (50 2hr MA, 100 1hr MA, 100 4hr MA and 50 8 hr MA). I suspect there is a risk of a range for tomorrow unless one of these two levels are broken......?

ChowClown said:
Hi Trendie, have you had much success with delta, or is it work in progress?

work in progress.
this is my third serious attempt at Delta. First real sense of "getting it".
still prefer not to be too lenient at defining Turning Points, otherwise I may be force-fitting.
slow, but steady.

...another BO variant for you to mull over, kindly posted by Optionstrader on another site:

"I’ve been working on a simple breakout system for the GBP/USD that I’d like to share. Having a full-time day job, I wanted a ‘set-and-forget’ system that I can initiate in the morning before going to work. I’d appreciate any questions, comments or suggestions for improvement.

Here are the basic rules of the system and the results for the past four months based on demo CMS Forex VT system data. Trades are entered daily Monday to Friday just after 12:00 GMT. 12:00 GMT seems to work best as it’s after any fundamental news in England/Europe and before any U.S. fundamental news.

1) On a hourly chart take the CLOSE price of the 11am-12pm GMT hourly bar.
2) Add and subtract 40 pips from this close price creating an 80 pip channel. These two prices become your entry to go long or short.
3) Place an ‘Entry-Stop Buy’ order to go long at the 11am-12pm Close + 40 pips. Use a 200 pip Stop and a 90 pip Limit.
4) Place an ‘Entry-Stop Sell’ order to go short at the 11am-12pm Close – 40 pips. Again, use a 200 pip Stop and a 90 pip Limit.
5) Keep any active trades that have reached the upper or lower channel open until either the Stop or the Limit is hit.
6) Any orders that did not hit the upper or lower channel are closed when you enter the next day’s trades after 12:00pm. So only active trades from the previous days are left open.

Also note that each trade is independent, and not ‘one-cancels-the-other’, so you can have 2 active trades for the day if the price hits both the upper and lower channel.

Manual backtesting results from September 22, 2005 to Jan 31, 2006 showed a profit of approximately 3,600 pips. This included 89 wins and 22 losses.

I’ve also tried the same system using a limit of 50 pips and stop of 100 pips. With half the risk on each trade, it also yielded approximately half the profits, about 1,800 pips from Sept 28, 2005 to Jan 31, 2006. This included 84 wins and 24 losses.

One of the drawbacks with the larger 200 stop and 90 limit is that you can have multiple trades active for several days. However, with the 100 stop and 50 limit, each active trade generally closes in 1-2 days."

Cheers

ChowClown said:
...another BO variant for you to mull over, kindly posted by Optionstrader on another site:

"I’ve been working on a simple breakout system for the GBP/USD that I’d like to share. Having a full-time day job, I wanted a ‘set-and-forget’ system that I can initiate in the morning before going to work. I’d appreciate any questions, comments or suggestions for improvement.

Here are the basic rules of the system and the results for the past four months based on demo CMS Forex VT system data. Trades are entered daily Monday to Friday just after 12:00 GMT. 12:00 GMT seems to work best as it’s after any fundamental news in England/Europe and before any U.S. fundamental news.

2) Add and subtract 40 pips from this close price creating an 80 pip channel. These two prices become your entry to go long or short.
3) Place an ‘Entry-Stop Buy’ order to go long at the 11am-12pm Close + 40 pips. Use a 200 pip Stop and a 90 pip Limit.
4) Place an ‘Entry-Stop Sell’ order to go short at the 11am-12pm Close – 40 pips. Again, use a 200 pip Stop and a 90 pip Limit.
5) Keep any active trades that have reached the upper or lower channel open until either the Stop or the Limit is hit.
6) Any orders that did not hit the upper or lower channel are closed when you enter the next day’s trades after 12:00pm. So only active trades from the previous days are left open.

Also note that each trade is independent, and not ‘one-cancels-the-other’, so you can have 2 active trades for the day if the price hits both the upper and lower channel.

Manual backtesting results from September 22, 2005 to Jan 31, 2006 showed a profit of approximately 3,600 pips. This included 89 wins and 22 losses.

I’ve also tried the same system using a limit of 50 pips and stop of 100 pips. With half the risk on each trade, it also yielded approximately half the profits, about 1,800 pips from Sept 28, 2005 to Jan 31, 2006. This included 84 wins and 24 losses.

One of the drawbacks with the larger 200 stop and 90 limit is that you can have multiple trades active for several days. However, with the 100 stop and 50 limit, each active trade generally closes in 1-2 days."

Cheers

11am - 12pm?

Pound today - 5min. chart

A chart just to show the travelsof the pound today - 5min. chart

Attachments

• thurs.JPG
    thurs.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 165
ChowClown said:

Cheers

Is the only exit the SL or TP?

G-Man

Baruch said:
A new bad day for Hans123 today?

I make both AM and PM trades triggered longs.
And both have reached point where SL set to B/E.
Worst case for cable today: B/E.

Friday Feb 3rd

Unusual. I'm looking for plays within 7757/7821 and BO (after retests) outside these levels.

Unusual in that the early morning pre-London 'clean-up' didn't occur.

London appaear to be wiping Longs, but let's see.