Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Yes, Hans posts his trades nearly every day.

Yes, timeframe smaller (but more prone to whipsaws) on Big Ben. JohnnyT advised not to apply a filter to a breakout whereas Hans123 does.. and there is talk on his thread of increasing it to 13 (which apparently works well on the Euro to stop false entry points.

Could you post the Big Ben rules?

FetteredChinos said:
baruch, what on earth made you close cable at 1.7862 when it was retesting support?

great hindsight calls though, keep up the good work.

FC

I just followed the rules of Hans123 - close your position at midnight CET (they are not my trades)... :cheesy:

FC

"baruch, what on earth made you close cable at 1.7862 when it was retesting support?"

As I understand it, because the method says exit at 2400 CET (2300 UK). Rules is rules.

Kaffee said:
I was beggining to think it was me !?

Baruch, we spent the best part of an hour on this on Friday !

Friday, that was last week, wasn't it? Can't remember what happened last week. But I will go back in the thread to check what happened... :cheesy:
I just wondered if Big Ben has any rules about stops and targets etc. like Hans123.

Orion said:
FC

"baruch, what on earth made you close cable at 1.7862 when it was retesting support?"

As I understand it, because the method says exit at 2400 CET (2300 UK). Rules is rules.

Yes, indeed.

Cableguy
In answer to your question earlier if it was your intention to go short at 847 then this IMO was a relatively low risk trade given the intraday setup and the proximity of a double top a 40 pip stop targeting 80 pips would be a reasonable expectation.

The market took the easy option in order to achieve its goal

If the same setup appears again after today this will not be low risk IMO

Am i mising a public holiday or something here.... it couldn't move less if it tried!

I finally got the direction right, but then bailed out with 7 poxy pips, cos I got bored.
I think I may decide to call it a day, if I am not in net positive territory for this week.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH.

trendie said:
the 7-8am bar was quite narrow, so it could have gone either way.

seems like we are drifting towards a quick Big Ben, then "possibly" a HANS123 ( wait to see over a few weeks of hans123) !

Ahh, but you know I dont care about direction trendie!! just as long as I get my 25-30 pips :cheesy:

FWIW I can see Hans getting the big bucks today

hope so FC otherwise it will have to be a holiday to Argate

Flashback
I used to tell the kids were going to Argate or Bytreesia on holiday "WOW" "COOL"and out would come the atlas and globe.

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
FWIW I can see Hans getting the big bucks today

hope so FC otherwise it will have to be a holiday to Argate

Flashback
I used to tell the kids were going to Argate or Bytreesia on holiday "WOW" "COOL"and out would come the atlas and globe.

Hans long or hans short ?