Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Kaffee said:
Hey, you might have the kernel of a great strategy there...... Ask some Muslim friends to don a grey beard and rattle of some Anti American speech with a cave backdrop whilst you video it.... Position yourself at £2K per point long Cable and send the tape to the nearest embassy.

Sure as hell beats Big Ben / Baruch, Bunnygirl and whatever the hell else we all trade here.

Anyone got a decent video camera ?? ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :cheesy:

Baruch said:
The Big Ben Express has left the station - but it came back again...

Nice of the 6'oclock candle to give us a little bit of range on the Asian session.... might help prevent a whipsaw....

High/Low 7577/7538..... game on.

Kaffee said:
Nice of the 6'oclock candle to give us a little bit of range on the Asian session.... might help prevent a whipsaw....

High/Low 7577/7538..... game on.

are you anticipating the Big Ben breakout ? ( 7-8am ) ?

trendie said:
are you anticipating the Big Ben breakout ? ( 7-8am ) ?

Having a play with Neil's Asian breakout idea.... It's only for £5pp.

Sometimes "most" of the action is in the 7o'clock candle. Looks like this trade is going Pete Tong anyway.

JonnyT said:
Then the stop should be 20

JonnyT

yes.
but I am used to risking 30.
25 risk takes me to the 85 current high.
20 because of my MA. but I have to allow for chop, as I am now looking at 5-min charts, which I hate. ( prefer 15-mins in context of 60-mins )

25 as dead-stop.

Am I right in thinking if the price drops to 7537 than gets above 7593 we have a Big Ben breakout?
sorry, Only read the .pdf yesterday :)

lachie said:
Am I right in thinking if the price drops to 7537 than gets above 7593 we have a Big Ben breakout?
sorry, Only read the .pdf yesterday :)

Hmmm... the pdf isn't what "we" call Big Ben... we've adopted it as the 7-8am range breakout.

Confusing I know.

jamus said:
Too much volatility today, trading cable a hazard this morning I think

Yes . Though Shooting start on chf and hammer Eur (30mins/ 1hr)with an evening/ morning star formatino confirming the dollar rally has stopped at least for now. Though we have loads of news coming out on cable at 9:30.

There is also a morning start formation on cable (30mins) but we need it to break the head which I think is 82. and news to confrim it. been too choppy.

Kaffee said:
Wot on earth was your target then ? We've had a low of 7534 since you placed the trade...
30 pip trailing manually. wasnt paying attention. reading bbc news. :rolleyes:
perhaps should have bailed at b/e ??

Who was asking about Hans123 yesterday ??

This week it's gone from +600 points to +164 for the month, had a real bad couple of days. But it'll no doubt end the month well ahead.

Trendie... does this help with "facing the losses" problem ? It's the long run that counts.

I've been in and out more this morning than I have all week, I must say trading through blurrry eyes is an interesting experience I was waiting for another entry at 574 but think I will take the day off

getting another stochs signal to short.
will trigger if it dips to 573. 2 lots again.
25 risk again. maybe bail out 1 lot after 20 ?