Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Baruch said:
Yes, I don't understand those traders which say that this method doesn't work. For me it works (nearly) every morning.
PS. What timeframe do you use for Big Ben ? 1 min or 5 min?

I use 5 min. I find it easy to trade Big Ben but not Big Baruch....too many things to think about with Big Baruch

By the way, does anyone here trade Hans 123 b/o system? Just wondered how you found it.

zuke said:
I use 5 min. I find it easy to trade Big Ben but not Big Baruch....too many things to think about with Big Baruch

I try to mix Big Ben and Big Baruch. And I look for confirmation from euro.

zuke said:
By the way, does anyone here trade Hans 123 b/o system? Just wondered how you found it.

Anyone trading the Hilda Baker system? Or the Bunnygirl system?

with 4 mins to go I get a price
Not too greedy today looking for 30, 45 and 80 pips

1st target hit stop now at breakeven on remainder

Last edited:
zuke said:
Forward testing through oanda and impressed so far. As with most methods, sticking to the plan during drawdown (which can be large with Hans123), takes strong discipline, but the performance stats are quite reassuring and from what i've seen so far the method's edge doesn't take long to kick back in. Hans recommends a 25k account to trade with full lots. His results since Mar 2005:

March: +721

April: +940
May: +296
June: +857
July: +1352
August: +35
September: -20

October: +1630
November: +554
December: +345

January: +645

Statistics since the start of Hans' thread (18th Oct), updated mid Dec 2005:

Number of Trading Days: 53
Number of Winning Days: 26
Number of Losing Days: 27
Percent Profitable: 49.06%
Average Result of Winning Day: +146.46 pips
Average Result of Losing Day: -84.07 pips
Average Result: +29.02 pips

Largest Winning Day: +400 pips
Largest Losing Day: -253 pips
Max. Consecutive Winning Days: 3
Max. Consecutive Losing Days: 4

Max. Profit: 1,671 pips
Current Drawdown: 133 pips
Max. Drawdown: 449 pips

Win/Loss Ratio: 1.74
Kelly value: 0.1969
Math. Expectation: 0.3426

ChowClown said:
Forward testing through oanda and impressed so far. As with most methods, sticking to the plan during drawdown (which can be large with Hans123), takes strong discipline, but the performance stats are quite reassuring and from what i've seen so far the method's edge doesn't take long to kick back in. Hans recommends a 25k account to trade with full lots. His results since Mar 2005:

March: +721

April: +940
May: +296
June: +857
July: +1352
August: +35
September: -20

October: +1630
November: +554
December: +345

January: +645

Statistics since the start of Hans' thread (18th Oct), updated mid Dec 2005:

Number of Trading Days: 53
Number of Winning Days: 26
Number of Losing Days: 27
Percent Profitable: 49.06%
Average Result of Winning Day: +146.46 pips
Average Result of Losing Day: -84.07 pips
Average Result: +29.02 pips

Largest Winning Day: +400 pips
Largest Losing Day: -253 pips
Max. Consecutive Winning Days: 3
Max. Consecutive Losing Days: 4

Max. Profit: 1,671 pips
Current Drawdown: 133 pips
Max. Drawdown: 449 pips

Win/Loss Ratio: 1.74
Kelly value: 0.1969
Math. Expectation: 0.3426

Thanks Chow..Ill play around with it and see if I like it. I'll probably SB it for a pound or use mini lots though!

...zuke, i'd be interested to hear how you get on SB'ing it, if you decide to....i tried for a while using CS, but the 'bias' was too frustrating. No complaints yet with Oanda.

dc2000 said:
Ah Zuke you fade me dude

Are you scaling out or just going for the big one?

Oh God! Of all the people I dont wanna fade its YOU! :eek:

For one, Im going for the 100 pip homer - no scaling out.

Well one of us will be smiling after 1.30!!

zuke said:

If you do it.... you have got to commit fully... and like I said eralier in this thread... you have to have faith that it WILL turn around because he has had some pretty big drawdowns on the system... but he's like a bloddy robot, just keeps putting the trades in, sticks to the stops and he keeps racking the points up.....

Wtf is the Bunnygirl system ?

It's when you hop on the Big Baruch train (hop = bunny) then fell a complete t1t ( t1t = girl) for messing it up as no such beast exists.

It was a thread on Moneytec but trust me it doesn't work as it isn't really a system as all calls are subjective. i.e. you have to chose whether to take the trade or not!

JonnyT

Thats me done for the day I dont want a long unless we hit the 430

Catch ya all tomorrow

zuke said:
Oh God! Of all the people I dont wanna fade its YOU! :eek:

For one, Im going for the 100 pip homer - no scaling out.

Well one of us will be smiling after 1.30!!

DC, I changed my mind (wasnt expecting to be 30+ pips prior to the 1.30 news) locked in half of my size @ 573 for +40. Will left the other half move to b/e or 633 target.

What is this Big Ben system that is talked about here? any links for more info?
thanks

Any advice on not being able to "pull the trigger" ?

Got 4 valid re-entries into the downtrend over past couple of days, of which possibly one would have failed, but 3 would have yielded profit.
( yesterdays volatility scared me from doing anything )

I have read Mark Douglas' book The Disciplined Trader, and he does describe people who may be good at having ideas and anlaysis, but bottle-out when it comes to actually trading. I fear I fall into that category.