Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Zuke
A wise decision IMO

Trendie
my advice would be to trade small size about 1/10th of your normal position but with the same stop level and pips target so that your mind stop concentrating on the money and more on the pips

Last edited:
lachie said:
What is this Big Ben system that is talked about here? any links for more info?
thanks

a pdf has been posted recently.

actually, these kinds of requests for more information can be frustrating for people new to the thread, so is there any way we can have a library of pdfs for each thread, that people can access rather than having to trawl through the posts ?
Like a sort of appendix for attachments per thread ?

Might post this on the "how can we improve T2W" to Sharky if there are enough "ayes".

trendie said:

actually, these kinds of requests for more information can be frustrating for people new to the thread, so is there any way we can have a library of pdfs for each thread, that people can access rather than having to trawl through the posts ?

Might post this on the "how can we improve T2W" to Sharky if there are enough "ayes".

Yea, would be good for a running thread to have active links on a sidebar or something, or an FAQ...

trendie said:
Any advice on not being able to "pull the trigger" ?

Got 4 valid re-entries into the downtrend over past couple of days, of which possibly one would have failed, but 3 would have yielded profit.
( yesterdays volatility scared me from doing anything )

I have read Mark Douglas' book The Disciplined Trader, and he does describe people who may be good at having ideas and anlaysis, but bottle-out when it comes to actually trading. I fear I fall into that category.

LOL Trendie. Snap for me. I'm told it's because I fear losses that I don't pull the trigger.

Well that's never going to change for me.. Baruch's approach of "closing your eyes" is as good as it gets I'm afraid.

Someone on here said "losses are part of the game". Adopt that as a mantra and it might help.

Edit:- Afraid I don't agree with DC about scaling down the position size, we'd only have to face the same demons when we scale back up.......

CG,

already posted the suggestion as a poll. post your vote !!
dont know how to link it. just go to "View Latest Threads" and its there.

trendie said:

Thanks, I found it on page 278...

Kaffee said:
LOL Trendie. Snap for me. I'm told it's because I fear losses that I don't pull the trigger.

Well that's never going to change for me.. Baruch's approach of "closing your eyes" is as good as it gets I'm afraid.

Someone on here said "losses are part of the game". Adopt that as a mantra and it might help.

Edit:- Afraid I don't agree with DC about scaling down the position size, we'd only have to face the same demons when we scale back up.......

Kaffee & Trendie..It was me that said that losses are part of the game and its something that takes a while to really accept. You need to get to a position where losing money doesnt annoy you, but deviating from you trading strategy does.

Trendie..dont be too hard on yourself re: the 3 good trades. Remember its much better to be out wishing you were in than in wishing you were out.

Kaffee said:

I have never said that. But I have said that "losses are part of the game". You't can run a business without expenses - and losses are our expenses. Treat trading as a business.

dc2000 said:
Zuke
A wise decision IMO

Trendie
my advice would be to trade small size about 1/10th of your normal position but with the same stop level and pips target so that your mind stop concentrating on the money and more on the pips

Good advice. A trader needs confidence, and trading small can give you confidence, if you get profits, to trade big. If you get losses, it's also more wise to trade small.

trendie said:
Any advice on not being able to "pull the trigger" ?

Got 4 valid re-entries into the downtrend over past couple of days, of which possibly one would have failed, but 3 would have yielded profit.
( yesterdays volatility scared me from doing anything )

I have read Mark Douglas' book The Disciplined Trader, and he does describe people who may be good at having ideas and anlaysis, but bottle-out when it comes to actually trading. I fear I fall into that category.

Why not trade Big Ben every morning? You will get some nice, profitable moves, and if it goes wrong, you can always blame zuke... :cheesy:

Baruch said:
I have never said that. But I have said that "losses are part of the game". You't can run a business without expenses - and losses are our expenses. Treat trading as a business.

Yes you have... search the thread, when you was quizzed about Big Baruch. Another one of yours "20 point stop, I don't want to be a hero" or are these just sound bites ??

Edit: Post 2128 Baruch.

Kaffee said:
Yes you have... search the thread, when you was quizzed about Big Baruch. Another one of yours "20 point stop, I don't want to be a hero" or are these just sound bites ??

Edit: Post 2128 Baruch.

I think so. But I would like to say: "20 point stop, I am a chicken". :cheesy:

PS. Why this move up? Has anyone shot the president?

zuke said:
"For my acceptance speech I'd like to thank my agent Osama Bin Laden for his video".

Nice trade, zuke, but you wrote it was the first today. What about the Big Ben trade this morning?

Baruch said:
Nice trade, zuke, but you wrote it was the first today. What about the Big Ben trade this morning?

I meant first live trade that I posted on the board

zuke said:
"For my acceptance speech I'd like to thank my agent Osama Bin Laden for his video".

Hey, you might have the kernel of a great strategy there...... Ask some Muslim friends to don a grey beard and rattle of some Anti American speech with a cave backdrop whilst you video it.... Position yourself at £2K per point long Cable and send the tape to the nearest embassy.

Sure as hell beats Big Ben / Baruch, Bunnygirl and whatever the hell else we all trade here.

Anyone got a decent video camera ?? ;)