Best Thread Live Cable Trading

badtrader said:
Live trade for the day.

Target hit 25 pips ;)

Well done, badboy. You make some good calls - what's your strategy/method? Just trading the 1 min chart - or what?

Livermore said:
Well done, badboy. You make some good calls - what's your strategy/method? Just trading the 1 min chart - or what?
What I do is.You tell me what time frame you use,Then I tell you if you close to mine. ;)

badtrader said:
What I do is.You tell me what time frame you use,Then I tell you if you close to mine. ;)

I use 15 min, 5 min and 1 min. Now it's your turn... :cheesy:

Livermore said:
I use 15 min, 5 min and 1 min. Now it's your turn... :cheesy:
Day trading 60 min, 10 min, and zoom in to a 1 min, or tick chart for entry.

Long term holding 1 to 3 days. I use daily, 4 hour chart and 60 min, for entry

zuke said:
Did you actually place a stop at 74?..If so you would have been stopped out surely?
where did you get 74 from?

The short was from 1,7359, I said good for 20 pips, then on my second post I changed the target to 25 pips and also give a stop of 25 pips, The stop would have been 1,7384, never got near it.

Look at the time I posted the trade,

badtrader said:
Day trading 60 min, 10 min, and zoom in to a 1 min, or tick chart for entry.

Long term holding 1 to 3 days. I use daily, 4 hour chart and 60 min, for entry

Tick charts...OK, then you are almost a scalper. :cheesy:

badtrader said:
where did you get 74 from?

The short was from 1,7359, I said good for 20 pips, then on my second post I changed the target to 25 pips and also give a stop of 25 pips, The stop would have been 1,7384, never got near it.

Look at the time I posted the trade,

My mistake bt..good trade by you..as always!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cable managed a rally from the current ‘falling wedge’ chart setup – if it does, the preliminary target could be the top trendline at 1.7650. The US Dollar index seems to be slipping a bit now, and USD/JPY may have topped out for the time being....

Attachments

• 15-11-05.gif
    15-11-05.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 205
tradesmart said:
I wouldn’t be surprised if Cable managed a rally from the current ‘falling wedge’ chart setup – if it does, the preliminary target could be the top trendline at 1.7650. The US Dollar index seems to be slipping a bit now, and USD/JPY may have topped out for the time being....

From the chart I'd be inclined to agree, except that Cable has been so sluggish to rally and the bears have had it tightly in its grip. Even the Loonie & Rand have been rallying against the dollar..but Cable has been taking it "steady as she goes". As Im long at 33, Im hoping it can break 60 and proceed to my target 1 -93 before going on to test 1.7520 resistance by the end of this week.

At 9,30 GMT we will have UK Claimant Count Rate (together with earnings and unemployment) - but what's Claimant Count Rate?

So boys and girls any ideas on whats in store today? A break of 7320 perhaps down to test 7300? or a break of R7360? Or yet more range bound trading? I've gotta be honest and say that aside from my long at 33, Im sitting on my hands at the moment as I'm not getting any clear signals or confirmations either way. My FEELING is that the bulls will take charge this week..but I've almost always never made money trading on feeling!

zuke said:
So boys and girls any ideas on whats in store today? A break of 7320 perhaps down to test 7300? or a break of R7360? Or yet more range bound trading? I've gotta be honest and say that aside from my long at 33, Im sitting on my hands at the moment as I'm not getting any clear signals or confirmations either way. My FEELING is that the bulls will take charge this week..but I've almost always never made money trading on feeling!

Maybe it's time to get out?