Best Thread Live Cable Trading

fxmarkets said:
hmm anyone notice lack of upside to the dollar yen whilst gbp and euro under pressure? interesting to see if that has a look at 119.00

Nobody wants pounds ATM. Euro stayed above recent lows. May be a hint.

G-Man

sorry ,but just cannot see the point in these longs for a few pips when there is so much money to be made from in trend shorts.

but it takes all sorts I guess.

Gap at 1.7254 to be closed, and -200 points on the day, make it a long for me at 1.7140.

DoubleSix said:
sorry ,but just cannot see the point in these longs for a few pips when there is so much money to be made from in trend shorts.

its what makes a market. i don't hold any positions in cable atm, was short for most of the day, closed too early though. still long swissy and $/yen, though they are long term.

rav700 said:
I was planning to go long for a scalp early on but.....mmm
I think I might take a chance of a long no as I think cable will retrace
Long @1.7196
Stop [email protected]
Aim atleast 30 pips

IHO:

Don't buck the trend. Just follow the flow after big news - buy/sell on the first retrace, if you didn't get in from the start. And use a tight stop (10-20 pips).

Pip

it may make the market, but its also what makes losers.

trading countertrend, you will never make enough to pay for your losses.

DoubleSix said:
Pip

Long @7185
Stop 7155
Target 1 7215 (scale out)

fxmarkets said:
hmm anyone notice lack of upside to the dollar yen whilst gbp and euro under pressure? interesting to see if that has a look at 119.00

Yen gave a last gasp @119.56 and cable has moved 130points from there. So it seems cable is walking its own walk :Not that I got all :eek:

DoubleSix said:

sooo true.. the outlook for daily/weekly cable is down.. at least untill a weekly high is taken out..

The outlook for monthly chart is dire.. as in so far as the 4yr uptrend is likely at an end..

This reminds me of last Christmas when every man and his dog forecast doom for the USD at 1.9500 are ans said we weregoing to 2.4 very soon!

Maybe it's nearly time to buy GBP!?

hmm yeah cable extending its own legs, yet if dollar weakness is coming I do tend to keep an eye on dollar yen and aud/usd. even if its short lived, dollar yen below 119.20/25 is good aud/usd holding 7300. I just noticed that the dollar yen looked like it was churning at 119.50 waiting to sell off.

DoubleSix said:
Pip

this is very true, trading countertrend is not for everyone. my outlook for cable has been short for a while now, and my big positions go short, however if you know how to scalp you can collect some pips on bounces. nothing goes down/up in straight lines...although it did almost today :cheesy: