Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Livermore said:
Sorry, it was a joke :cheesy: . But i thought you faded all Johnny's trades? :p

Friendly warning: Don't fade JonnyT when there's still the smell of breakfast in the air :rolleyes:

Looks like 17320 support holding. If it goes I see 17270 pretty quickly. Have to wait for PPI at 1:30.

G-Man

samtron said:
Friendly warning: Don't fade JonnyT when there's still the smell of breakfast in the air :rolleyes:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

It's a shame that JonnyT don't want to tell us about his Breakfast strategy... :cry:

Livermore said:
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

It's a shame that JonnyT don't want to tell us about his Breakfast strategy... :cry:

if he lets on, and everybody trades it, it will be toast.
then he will have fried egg on his face. :cheesy:

G-Man said:
Looks like 17320 support holding. If it goes I see 17270 pretty quickly. Have to wait for PPI at 1:30.

G-Man

both cable and euro are at key levels imo, they both look ready to tank (further), don't know what will stop them from going lower.

Lower high under immediate R at 7340 does not bode well for the reversal, contra trade stopped at 7321 for -7.

smbtnt said:
Lower high under immediate R at 7340 does not bode well for the reversal, contra trade stopped at 7321 for -7.

Not putting my shirt on this, but I am LONG @33....stop is @03

I'd better hold on for the ride.!!

zuke said:
Not putting my shirt on this, but I am LONG @33....stop is @03

I'd better hold on for the ride.!!

Good luck, but why take a position just before release of big eco news?

Livermore said:
Good luck, but why take a position just before release of big eco news?

As Johnny T said earlier..gotta be innit to winnit!! Also, my chart told me to do it!!

zuke said:
As Johnny T said earlier..gotta be innit to winnit!! Also, my chart told me to do it!!

OK, as you like. But for me it's more gambling than trading to take a position before such important news... :cheesy: ...

I always trade the news (I dont like to trade without knowing whats going on) - but not this time because there was both PPI (core and not core), Retail Sales (core and not core) and Empire Man. Too many numbers to handle if you want to act quick.

Disagree entirely. Any backtesting I have done on Forex suggests that the news events are important if you want to make money. i.e. the results are better trading at news times than sitting them out.

However the NFP is a different kettle of fish!

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Disagree entirely. Any backtesting I have done on Forex suggests that the news events are important if you want to make money. i.e. the results are better trading at news times than sitting them out.

However the NFP is a different kettle of fish!

JonnyT

Yes, I agree. That's why I always trade the news - also NFP (it's not a fish - it's a shark...). But I need to read the news myself before I act - and there was too many this time.

Jonny, please tell us about your Breakfast strategy. Please. :p

Livermore said:
OK, as you like. But for me it's more gambling than trading to take a position before such important news... :cheesy: ...

You could be right Livermore..however I tend to do ok trading around the news. As stated by Johnny T, th only exception is NFP, which I mess with!

zuke said:
You could be right Livermore..however I tend to do ok trading around the news. As stated by Johnny T, th only exception is NFP, which I mess with!

trading NFP used to be good 12 - 18 months ago. it still is ok, but nothing like then. august 2004 (if i remember correctly) was the best, made bank that day!

zuke said:

OK, but some big news (like NFP) make big gaps, and I would like to trade without knowing which way the move is coming.

Today we just had two important, but different news, but I didn't knew which one - CPI or retail sales - the market would focus on. That's make it much more difficult to trade the news.

PipSqueek said:
trading NFP used to be good 12 - 18 months ago. it still is ok, but nothing like then. august 2004 (if i remember correctly) was the best, made bank that day!

Right, it's not like in the good old days... :eek: