Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Thanksgiving is on Wednesday 23rd November 2005.

Its just a little news day today.

JonnyT

posted by G-Man earlier:-
Anyone know of any specific reason for the 130+ swoon off of 17500

It was the UK PPI at 9.30gmt that sunk it - and there's CPI at the same time tomorrow...

followed by US PPI Tues and CPI on Wednesday......

could be a lively time for Forex........ :cool:

fseitun
I dont think there is any trading system that can make money consistently in sideways markets. All systems are doomed to failure in such periods IMO;

if this is really what you think, then I think any help I offered may be disregarded.

but , in brief, if at any time you are unsure of the major trend, step back in time and look at the bigger picture.

there is usually higher volatility during corrections within a trend. Thats what corrections are all about. I would suggest that traders make more money during corrections than at any other time because it is then that trading skills come to the fore.

trendie said:
Whats a european session trend ?
When does it start, and end ?
( I think I read a strategy in Trader magazine, where the direction of the market when the germans open for business is the likely trend for the day, with a slight retrace when London opens. Is it that one ? )

thanks

Any link to this story?

Livermore said:
Any link to this story?

sorry , no.
it was in Traders magazine that I have been getting free for past few months.
( I must have signed upto something or other )

If I can find the reference, I will post issue number and date.
( actually, we are seeing some of the mags content in the Articles.
I remember there was an article about calculating "what price must occur for the indicator to trigger a signal", showing how you can pre-empt indicators - that was in Traders mag a couple of months prior. )

tradesmart said:
It was the UK PPI at 9.30gmt that sunk it - and there's CPI at the same time tomorrow...

followed by US PPI Tues and CPI on Wednesday......

could be a lively time for Forex........ :cool:

Yes, it's the news, which makes the the big moves...

PS. Today was a little bit strange, because the PPI data was tame, just as consensus said it would be. But for some it must have been a big surprise.

not cable i know, but swissy looks like its setting up for a nice move. i'm sure its on all your radars too, well i hope it is anyway.

Last edited:
trendie said:
sorry , no.
it was in Traders magazine that I have been getting free for past few months.
( I must have signed upto something or other )

If I can find the reference, I will post issue number and date.
( actually, we are seeing some of the mags content in the Articles.
I remember there was an article about calculating "what price must occur for the indicator to trigger a signal", showing how you can pre-empt indicators - that was in Traders mag a couple of months prior. )

Thank you. I suppose Germany opens 7.00 gmt and London 8.00 gmt - or what?

Livermore said:
Thank you. I suppose Germany opens 7.00 gmt and London 8.00 gmt - or what?

I wonder if JonnyTs morning breakout strategy is based on it ?

PipSqueek said:
not cable i know, but swissy looks like its setting up for a nice move. i'm sure its on all your radars too, well i hope it is anyway.

So swissy leads the way? Maybe we should use it as a indicator?