Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Livermore said:
So swissy leads the way? Maybe we should use it as a indicator?

dunno bout that mate, it just seems like its about to make a decent move one way or the other, the data this week/tomorrow should nudge it higher (i'm long from 2965)

samtron said:
why? for how many pips

some support there, and the 5 min graph was a nice long scalp set up for me only 20 odd pips though. i still think cable is going lower in the m/t.

JonnyT said:
No, I didn't trade the Breakfast trade as the trigger point was more or less a trend reversal point to up. i.e. No clarity.

I also didn't take the trend change signal so missed a potential 60 pips there, countered by a potential loss of 30 on the Breakfast trade.

Another bit of bad news was the market hit my stop 1.7795 and immediatly reversed. I had taken half profits so got out with a +9 overall.

I'm currently running a quarter position of a short from 758 after taking some profits @40 and 38 following a loss of momentum.

Given my stop I should exit the day on at least +23 if the stop is hit.

All in all coulda, shoulda been better but even so I've exceeded my days objective of 20 pips so the family may have food on the table next month.

JonnyT

JonnyT,

Please tell us about your Breakfast trade strategy... :p

What you want to know about jonny system , You guy's give the basic what he does, and I work it out for you ;)

badtrader said:
What you want to know about jonny system , You guy's give the basic what he does, and I work it out for you ;)

he calls it a "breakfast trade", so must be triggered by, say, 9am max.
( this can be verified by timestamps of when he syas he made or lost pips )

the data resulting in the trigger must happen before 9am.
Could be based on how the market "wakes up", and how volatility comes into the market, and pushes the market out of its "sleepy" low-range behaviour.

as per Traders mag article, could be based on german opening range. and trade the breakout of first couple of hours.
JonnyT also seems to have a penchant for breakouts strats. :)
However, he did say somewhere that it has been profitable "since xxx", whoch begs the question why wasnt it profitable before then.
nonetheless, if it makes him pips, good luck to him.
I wish I had something to share, other than FADE MY MOVES.

Badtrader, what about another strategy from your collection of 30.
We have been only given two so far.
( on another thread if you like )

c6ackp said:
I think this thread would be a lot more interesting if people gave some kind of rationale behind their trades, rather than "try this one...", "how about this..." - at least a one-liner describing why you took the trade and on what timeframe...

Take Pipsqueeks short at 401... 35 is a very wide stop for intraday, so I assume this was a 4 hour chart trade? It's tough to take an intraday short into oversold 15s, so I didn't take this trade myself. I was waiting for the 1st higher-low long which materialised at 392. It turned out that 409 was the correct level for the short (break of mini higher low + 15 bar break).

How about more discussion instead of obsession with live calls?

Steve

Yes, I agree. We need both a rationale AND live calls.

Livermore said:
That be telling.but I igve you a clue,it's weak,but you will get little up thrust along the way,that can be traded

I will give more trendie,watch this space.

badtrader said:
the thing to do is get flat at 1,7372 and go short

flat at 1,7346 for 21 pips

2 quick trades 43pips - 3 pip spread

I will try to give 1 trade a day,when I am done with my own trading for the day

badtrader said:
That be telling.but I igve you a clue,it's weak,but you will get little up thrust along the way,that can be traded

I will give more trendie,watch this space.

OK, I agree, but I don't think you can trade like this only with hourly charts... :cheesy:

Livermore said:
OK, I agree, but I don't think you can trade like this only with hourly charts... :cheesy:

BT, you also use 1 or 5 min charts - confess... :cheesy:

BT has stated previously on this thread that he uses the 1min to zoom in on the action when appropriate

some tuition from BT is in order as cable dropped 140+ points today and the only live calls I saw were all longs... I was ok, got lucky & sold at 480 :)