Best Thread Live Cable Trading

might be a bit early trendie - let's wait & see how much ammo the hourly bears have left...

Way too early for a long. The European session's trend is set. Only the US can pull this up.

JonnyT

Cable is whipsawing in a triangle setup just now…

It might want to test the lower support line before any turnaround or reserve the right to fall straight through…..

Assuming a breakout north if the US data later in the week is $ negative, 1.7700 could be on the cards imho.... (but not today.....!)

Attachments

• 14-11-05.gif
    14-11-05.gif
    22 KB · Views: 164
JonnyT said:
Way too early for a long. The European session's trend is set. Only the US can pull this up.

JonnyT

Whats a european session trend ?
When does it start, and end ?
( I think I read a strategy in Trader magazine, where the direction of the market when the germans open for business is the likely trend for the day, with a slight retrace when London opens. Is it that one ? )

thanks

US news events etc generally around 13:30, i.e. 08:30 EST is when the US money starts to flow. (Actually probably 13:00)

The market generally becomes more volatile until about 16:00 UK time, thanks to the US input.

JonnyT

Anyone know of any specific reason for the 130+ swoon off of 17500, apart from nsa output prices.. Options etc. Or just more $ strength?

Bit confused by this one today.

G-Man

"various large funds" are selling - collectively GBP1bn has been sold since the 495 failure

Cable broke 7385 Support but hasnt yet tested 7320 or 7300 (some were predicting freefall from 7385 to 7270). I am currently :

3 lots
LONG 1.7377
STOP : 30 pips
Target: 60 pips

I use, 15 mins, hourly, 4 hourly and daily charts.

Lets see how this goes...