LinkedIn invitation: discuss

trendie

Legendary member
I have been invited to connect with a trader.
He is reasonably well known, although abused here by the T2W posse, for his offerings.

Anyway, I have always been choosy about my LinkedIn profile, as it is my "professional" side. All my links have reason to be interconnected.
As well as the fact I use my real name.

Would anyone accept a LinkedIn invite for trading?
Bearing in mind the low entry-level to trading, and the possibility that connections could be misused to by some to approach well-off people?

Perosnally, I would decline the invite, unless I created a new identity specifically for it.

Well - Linked in does tend to have a mind of it's own, so the invite could well have been sent out by them on his or her behalf.

I tend to get invites in chunks, which leads me to suspect it's Linked in doing the invitin'

I just went to look @ my outstanding invites. 8 trading related and one "Bearing Expert". I don't even know what a Bearing Expert is. I still accepted though.

I would have made my mind up on the spot.I am sure you don't really need anyone to hold you hands on this decision.

You just want to tease us a bit - so come on - who was it????

Ah you must have got one from Mr Rich,so did I.

Damn!
I thought I was specially chosen!

As per DT, yes, I will make up my own mind, just interested how others see things.
I don't want to be a part of the sort of threads we have here on a site such as LinkedIn!

Why?

Does the opportunity of being one of a gang of people attacking an individual on the internet appeal to you?

Serious question.

I would only respond to anything he said and pass my opinion and the remark was mainly in jest. I should have guessed a fellow vendor would leap to his defence

I would only respond to anything he said and pass my opinion and the remark was mainly in jest. I should have guessed a fellow vendor would leap to his defence

Actually I didn't defend anyone. I made a comment about your intentions. I'd consider it more a one-on-one attack than anything else.

Of course, if you see it as a "them and us" thing, then obviously my comment hit the mark.

Note that this was a comment I made as a plain old regular person. The fact that I sell outstanding trading software has nothing to do with it. It's more to do with me abhorring bullies.

Still - T2W love this sort of thing, so I am sure we will now have 20 pages of losers attacking me & Mr Rich.

Have at it.

Last edited:
Still - T2W love this sort of thing, so I am sure we will now have 20 pages of losers attacking me & Richard..

We can stick the boot into trader Dante too if it would make you any happier ?

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen, or pay for some advertising :smart:

Still - T2W love this sort of thing, so I am sure we will now have 20 pages of losers attacking me & Richard.

Have at it.

Not necessarily losers don't you think ? check as an example the RIMM trade .

There's nothing wrong with losers, even Richard has one every blue moon !

Actually I didn't defend anyone. I made a comment about your intentions. I'd consider it more a one-on-one attack than anything else.

Of course, if you see it as a "them and us" thing, then obviously my comment hit the mark.

Note that this was a comment I made as a plain old regular person. The fact that I sell outstanding trading software has nothing to do with it. It's more to do with me abhorring bullies.

Still - T2W love this sort of thing, so I am sure we will now have 20 pages of losers attacking me & Richard.

Have at it.

so Im a bully if I questions someones intentions and their claims. Surely Im standing up to the bully by asking the questions when they claim to have outstanding software or past performance. All Ive ever asked for is proof of what they say or explain where the value is in their training. Whats wrong with that?

Trendie, what is the potential gain of adding him?

None that I can judge.
If I get him added, I may get access to his connections.
But also all his followers, of whose expertise, knowledge, decorum, insights I would be wary of.
But what proportion of his connections are current "City" types, working for funds, banks, etc, as opposed to purchasers of indicators?

I run the risk of my connections being exposed to potentially undecorous forums or threads.