legslapper

Legslapper

Good afternoon.
Does anybody in here follow the trading styles of Chuck LeBaue, Allan Hull or Malcolm Pryor. If so, have I would be interested in anyone who has developed / refined their strategies to be profitable.

Also, has anyone one used the IG index autochartist software? If so, is it worth using.

Regards - John

I can only comment on the second part I'm afraid, and that is that IG index advanced chartist is not that useful. Their patterns are useless, so could never rely on them, the auto trend lines would be useful I guess, but its not that difficult to draw a trend line.
The one thing I would say about the advanced charts, its free with a few trades and things like renko make life easier in terms of identifying price action. You dont get that with lots of other broker charts.
Otherwise, IG are one of the worst brokers Ive used for filling orders, stops etc. So in the end i stopped using them. Their new platform is pretty dire also, which is one of the reasons I would use them in the first place. Not so anymore. Pro real time for end of day is free, so use them, and get a broker who isnt interested in robbing you blind..only one for me is ETX
Hope that helps

Good afternoon.
Does anybody in here follow the trading styles of Chuck LeBaue, Allan Hull or Malcolm Pryor. If so, have I would be interested in anyone who has developed / refined their strategies to be profitable.

Also, has anyone one used the IG index autochartist software? If so, is it worth using.

Regards - John

so are you saying these guys systems are not profitable and you want to talk to someone who made them proofitable ?

an unprofitable system made profitable is not the same system at all ;)

N

Thank you for your reply I definately will explore ETX. I hope I will I find the spreads tighter and execution of stop orders more precise?
Regards , John.

I can only comment on the second part I'm afraid, and that is that IG index advanced chartist is not that useful. Their patterns are useless, so could never rely on them, the auto trend lines would be useful I guess, but its not that difficult to draw a trend line.
The one thing I would say about the advanced charts, its free with a few trades and things like renko make life easier in terms of identifying price action. You dont get that with lots of other broker charts.
Otherwise, IG are one of the worst brokers Ive used for filling orders, stops etc. So in the end i stopped using them. Their new platform is pretty dire also, which is one of the reasons I would use them in the first place. Not so anymore. Pro real time for end of day is free, so use them, and get a broker who isnt interested in robbing you blind..only one for me is ETX
Hope that helps

HI,
Thanks for your reply. I am saying these guys are experts in this field. I have adapted some of their ideas but seem unable to consistently make money. What I was looking for was somebody who had a similar philosophy / system as the one I posted and could see any obvious inprovements I could make.

Regards, John

so are you saying these guys systems are not profitable and you want to talk to someone who made them proofitable ?

an unprofitable system made profitable is not the same system at all ;)

N

Thank you for your reply I definately will explore ETX. I hope I will I find the spreads tighter and execution of stop orders more precise?
Regards , John.

spreads are about the same in all honesty, which is about as tight as they come and truly reflect the underlying price, but its the execution of the order that you will see the difference. No point having tight spreads if they wont fill you at that price.
ETX will fill you in at that price for sure. Stops also. Just wish their charts were better, but like I say, get a good charting package..
good luck

Thanks again - If you have any thoughts on the strategy I posted a few days ago ie. how could it be improved I would welcome your comments. PS I use technical analysis.

Regards, John

QUOTE=malaguti;1979848]spreads are about the same in all honesty, which is about as tight as they come and truly reflect the underlying price, but its the execution of the order that you will see the difference. No point having tight spreads if they wont fill you at that price.
ETX will fill you in at that price for sure. Stops also. Just wish their charts were better, but like I say, get a good charting package..
good luck[/QUOTE]

Thanks again - If you have any thoughts on the strategy I posted a few days ago ie. how could it be improved I would welcome your comments. PS I use technical analysis.

Regards, John

I cant comment unfortunately as I'm not familiar with them Pryor et al. i use technical analysis also, but focus on just two methods, Point & figure and cycle analysis. Having been round the houses on software/systems/indicators etc I just now use two methods. Both are extremely effective and the results for me have been fantastic.

I've just edited my post earlier..I have two of Priors books on winning spread betting strategies..I didn't find them winning and thus they now gather dust on the shelf. Of course this could be my shortcoming and not giving them enough attention..but results dictate my time now

Last edited by a moderator:
hey there

You need to find your own path......sure borrow others...but ultimately its your journey

and if its not working - tear it up and start again with something else

N

Hi again,
I think we must have followed similar paths of endless circles.
I would be interested to know how you approach things but realise you may not have the time or inclination to discuss it.
However, I use 3 line break chart whichI think is similar to point and figure charts. A quote from StockCharts. com

On the 3 line break chart,"The lines do not change unless price changes by a specific amount. In contrast to Point & Figure charts, which used a fixed box size, this amount depends on the range of the last 2 lines. This range can vary quite a bit. The ability to filter noise makes these charts especially useful to determine the underlying trend. It is easy to spot important highs and lows. Armed with this information, chartists can identify uptrends with higher highs and higher lows or downtrends with lower lows and lower highs."
Is that what you do with the point and figure charts? I have no idea on cyclic analysis.

Regards, John

Thanks for the reply - I will start shredding today.

Regards, John

hey there

You need to find your own path......sure borrow others...but ultimately its your journey

and if its not working - tear it up and start again with something else

N

I would be interested to know how you approach things but realise you may not have the time or inclination to discuss it.

Happy to discuss, I'll PM my email address as it could get quite lengthy!

However, I use 3 line break chart whichI think is similar to point and figure charts.

Indeed, Point & Figure is all about eliminating noise etc. but ultimately I find it extremely accurate with horizontal counts, and anticipating support/resistance. All the entries are defined by certain breakout scenarios, but they must always follow the trend, and thats where P&F is the best in my opinion.
The great thing is price action is recorded, whilst eliminating noise, and always keeps me on the right side of the trend.
I also found renko really useful, especially when looking at the classic TA patterns, but since picking up P&F trading has been so much easier to be honest.

Hi,
Well that would be great if you could e -mail any information. Never heard of renko but used kagi charts which also remove the noise. I will investigate.

Cheers, John

Happy to discuss, I'll PM my email address as it could get quite lengthy!

However, I use 3 line break chart whichI think is similar to point and figure charts.

Indeed, Point & Figure is all about eliminating noise etc. but ultimately I find it extremely accurate with horizontal counts, and anticipating support/resistance. All the entries are defined by certain breakout scenarios, but they must always follow the trend, and thats where P&F is the best in my opinion.
The great thing is price action is recorded, whilst eliminating noise, and always keeps me on the right side of the trend.
I also found renko really useful, especially when looking at the classic TA patterns, but since picking up P&F trading has been so much easier to be honest.

if somebody has a winning system they are not going to share it the winners need the losers to hand over their money otherwise there would be no spreadbetting firms out there so you are on your own