Learning to trade Commodities

joseclar

Hello,

I am a forex trader mostly. I really want to begin trading commodities. I find the market fascinating. That said it seems like there is so little educational material compared to almost any other asset. Also what there is doesn't give any info on actually making money or analysis it is just an overview of mechanics. Ideally I would like to start with any free resources before spending 1000s on courses.

If you could list and free education that is good and and books or websites that you think important. Also if there is anything you have used that could help I would greatly sppreciate it. Also as a secondary question why is it that there is so much less out there compared to other assets? Thanks.

Hi joseclar - Oscar Carboni gives a mostly pure TA view on some agri commodities. He does video clips every few days. He's an experienced guy with a super delivery. Google his name or livewithoscar.

Hi,
There is a website, www.safaribooksonline.com where u can find many books on Commodities and Trading. This one is free of cost. The problem only is that u have to register ur E-Mail I.D. and it is valid only for one week.What i do is either copy the books in word, or register a new I.D. after one week.Copying can be done by contrl. copy-paste chapterwise.

The CME spun off a website, myfuturesinstitute (dot com) which does a wonderful job of educating new traders on the nuances associated with trading futures contracts.