how to trade commodities

halfstep

Hi, I am learning to trade commodities.
can anyone give me resources that can educate me on how to trade commodities, babypip style.

i am not talking about how to make money in the market, i am talking about the actual rules and how future trading is performed. eg how to actually execute order and how to buy and sell.

I understand the basic ideas of commodity trading, it is a bit different from FX. but there are still things i don't understand, for example, If i see a instrument i want to trade, how do i know which monthly contract to trade? when people are looking at a commodity chart, are they looking at spot price or contract prices?

You are doing well Haftstep. We just can get success in the market we trade if we understand well about it. About commodity trading education, you can get help from many sources. Among of them, you can try with http://commoditiesfuturetrading.com. With a stable start, wish you success in the near future. Good luck!

The link posted above is really worth a read.. Even in the present economic climate, with the market fluctuating wildly, many peoples are still making money by investing in commodity.In commodity trading always take a SL.

Research is an important part of the rule of a commodity merchants. How do you know whether you should be buying or selling? You have a business strategy before you will start trading commodities. A business plan or keep you focused, disciplined and be on track strategy. To learn the steps to open an account with a commodity broker. You will want to carefully choose a broker, especially if he or she is going to help you trade with the recommendations. Commissions also a big factor when it comes to merchandise.

Tip to trade in commodity market is to buy and sell futures in international as well as local market.Futures enable a person to buy commodity in particular lot size and also buy and sell the commodities without any delays.

Other than this one should take very smooth steps and have advices of the experts in the matters regarding to this or rather one can go for the advisory companies who are in the regular contact with the market scenario.

Research is an important part of the rule of a commodity merchants. How do you know whether you should be buying or selling? You have a business strategy before you will start trading commodities. A business plan or keep you focused, disciplined and be on track strategy. To learn the steps to open an account with a commodity broker. You will want to carefully choose a broker, especially if he or she is going to help you trade with the recommendations. Commissions also a big factor when it comes to merchandise.

I quite agree!

If you believe that these predictions have a good chance of coming true and are willing to bet some money on them, you could try your hand at playing the commodity futures market.

In How to trade in Futures, we spoke about stock futures. Here we talk about commodity futures.

The commodity markets have changed a lot from the poky, little hole-in-the-wall trading offices in narrow streets next to crowded markets where traditional dhoti-clad merchants used to trade.

Brand new commodities exchanges---the main ones are NCDEX and MCX---have been set up and these are fully computerised.

More and more stock brokers are setting up commodity brokerages as well, and trading volumes in commodity futures is widely predicted to rival the volume of derivative transactions (futures and options) on the stock exchanges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though the government has essentially made almost all commodities eligible for futures trading, the nationwide exchanges have earmarked only a select few for starters. While the NMCE has most major agricultural commodities and metals under its fold, the NCDEX, has a large number of agriculture, metal and energy commodities. MCX also offers many commodities for futures trading.
Sure Shot Mcx Tips

You must have a trading strategy before you begin trading commodities. A trading plan or strategy will keep you focused, disciplined and on track. you can gain more knowledge about commodity trading with profit dot biz.