laptops YM Trades.

Scratch previous, posted together!
A weak close, and we've pulled back up for a couple of days now so, in my mind, we're due some down given the intermediate trend is still down after last week! I notice that North America is looking to be the leader in this overiding weakness at the moment basis last week when Asia was leading the way. Rare to see Asia lead, so we should'nt be surprised the US has took on its' global role again and taken the lead!
Chris

chindl said:
Would you take BE now? Just interested to understand your mindset in terms of managing this aspect of the trade? I notice you look for the leading index to make decisions, I assume this would be an influence on whether BE is good enough on this trade?
Chris
Hi Chris

The best I could hope for is a break-even trade. just got a short signal again, but its only good for at 12190 where I got in....and yes, I look at other markets for clues. the Nas stopped me taking the B/E trade, it was trading weak to the dow and the s&p was also a little weaker than the Dow, so I though it would pull the market down, There are swings within swings, its knowing the right ones to take.Mostly I get them right.

Its coming off the last 30 mins. I was lucky on the stop today:eek: ...but a trade is not over till is over or until you get another signal. there was one today on the 30 min but I ignored it :eek:

Out for a small loss of 8 ticks. Few! what a trade that was...

Target just for 78 points from long12087 out at 12165

Live Trades to date
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.00

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.00

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110

7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

8..£1 a point + 78 points = profit + £78

9.. 1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

Up £682.00 on 8trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £6682.00..

Still think we're due for some further down movement, especially looking at that MACD, although it could come lower overnight in the Asian sesh! 200 is clear resistance and support.
You mention the incongruence between the Naz today which is a leader usually. Well, there are some strange incongruencies out there at the moment. The Dow has been leading the Naz since the turn of the year in that the Dow kept pushing significantly higher whilst the Naz failed to get close to its highs really, but with the S&P showing the same weakness I could understand your quandry. At the same time, Gold led Silver on the way up until the fall last week, ansd it seems to have been leading Silver again this week. We also have the situation where Asia led on the global stage for a week, which is very rare. Personally, I'm looking at the Yen, how the carry trade unfolds is the key to the intermediate to longer term strength of the market and it would appear that a lot of the funds are caught in this so will be interesiting to see whether each pull back on the Yen is a buying opportunity in the coming weeks! Reminds me a little of the Copper bull run 18 months or so back to be honest, will there be a Yen squeeze or will it be unfolded mutually!?
Sorry to hijack you're thread.
Chris

Last edited:
laptop1,

to put your trades, and profits into context, please state the date of the first trade.
that way we can see how many pips you are making per day, etc.
(eg, "Live Trades from xx/xx/xx to date)

good trading.

Hi Chindl

I like the Nas Trans and sometimes Bonds, IBM to confirm the Dow to. . But one must have an entry on TA also to back these up...I started this thread with a method for my persaol record I am planing to do 50 trades over the next month or so. It be interesting to see the results.

trendie
every time I say long or short, you have a time stamp on trade2win, just check the time with that, ;) ....it looks something like the this
Long ????
Stop ???
target???

I can assure you these trade are live and most are given in a form of market orders.They are very easy to follow, that is, if one wants to follow them...

New trade order in to go long

Long 12112
Stop 30...
Target 60

If Stop gets hit, I will reverse the trade and go short. I will review the target and stop if this happens.

The trade above should have read 12212 not 12112..it should have looked like this

Long 12112
Stop 30...
Target 60

I wouldn't have left an order 100 points below the market "this is not style"....Anyway I was filled late last night and target hit for 60 points....Now do I post this as a trade as my 10th trade because of this slight miss print...let me know. ?

laptop1 said:
The trade above should have read 12212 not 12112..it should have looked like this

Long 12112
Stop 30...
Target 60

I wouldn't have left an order 100 points below the market "this is not style"....Anyway I was filled late last night and target hit for 60 points....Now do I post this as a trade as my 10th trade because of this slight miss print...let me know. ?

It was obvious to me laptop that it was a miss-print,we had selling exhaustion, a nice base,a mav. cross going up,failure and then another mav. cross up and a breach of the last high at 12210 -- a good place for an entry IMHO. Can't see any reasons why you would want to enter at 12112.

Agree with the others laptop - book it Danno!
Another fine trade.

Resone...10th trade should have been £2 a point not £1

Chris skittles, Klw, I though most would see it was a miss print on the 10th trade

I have to go out, wife calls for shopping . I be back around 6pm to see if I can see a set up....If I was to stick my neck out. I go short about 20 pips from today's intraday high.for 40 target and 40 stop but this trade is off the record....I am also toying with the idea of one day showing my Live day trades, where I can get up to 5 trades in a day

Live Trades to date

9.. £1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

10..£2 a point + 60 points = profit $120

Up £802.00 on 8trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £8002.00.......if one was trading 25 lots you be up $100,250,00 trading a futures account

Last edited:
trendie said:
should trade 10 be £2 a point? since trade 9 was a loss?
Hi trendie

I notice, I just change it...must go see you guys later,shopping with wife :(

I back from shopping.well I just follow the wife around. with a bag of money for her...

Order in sell at 12325

Short 12325..if filled
Target 60
Stop 60

Update......Just got filled at 12325

Short 12325.
Target 60
Stop 60

laptop1 said:
Update......Just got filled at 12325

Short 12325.
Target 60
Stop 60

Live Trades to date so far

9.. £1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

10..£2 a point + 60 points = profit £120

11..£1 a point + 60 points = profit £ 60

Up £862.00 on 8trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £8620.00.......if one was trading 25 lots you be up $107.75000 trading a futures account

Another good one laptop, well done.
Are you going to continue posting charts of the trades, it seems to have stopped for now.
Chris

laptop1 said:
I back from shopping.well I just follow the wife around. with a bag of money for her...

Order in sell at 12325

Short 12325..if filled
Target 60
Stop 60

lol laptop.

another great call there, you certainly know how to pick them. I diden't think it would go up and straight back down like that but then what do I know.