laptops YM Trades.

laptop1

Experienced member
I have been testing a system and it looks sort of OK. I will see how it goes.. I will explain what I'm doing at a later date.when I know the full rules myself. . All trades will be live given in plenty of time.Its only for my Record-keeping

If I get a reversal signals.I will post it live. all trades will be market orders.

Current price 12765

SHORT YM 12751....
TARGET ......150
STOP............ 55.

laptop1 said:
Every trade that lose. I will add to the next trade. for ease of following I will base the trades on 1 pound a point, if the trade lose, trade 2 pound a point on the next trade. if the third trade lose place 3 pound a point and so on..once I get a winner I will go back to trading 1 pound a point.

Sounds like The Martingale System in roulette...

Good luck anyway.

laptop1 said:
Every trade that lose. I will add to the next trade. for ease of following I will base the trades on 1 pound a point, if the trade lose, trade 2 pound a point on the next trade. if the third trade lose place 3 pound a point and so on..once I get a winner I will go back to trading 1 pound a point.

I can be in a trade for to 4 hours to sometimes 2 days. I will relive the method later remember I am testing a method out live, it's only for my record keeping.

Current trade is short from 12807

Stop 55
Target 150

Yes this does sound like the martingale, and we all know what happnens to that system in the end, this is basically chasing your losses.

Good luck

WRONG!

Martingale system looks like this

You bet $5 and you lose.
Your next bet is $10. If you lose:
Your next bet is $20. If you lose:
Your next bet is $40. If you lose:
Your next bet is $80. If you lose:
Your next bet is $160. If you lose:
Your next bet is $320. If you lose:
Your next bet is $640, which exceeds the maximum bet for the table.

Laptops looks like this

You bet $5 and you lose.
Your next bet is $6. If you lose:
Your next bet is $7. If you lose:
Your next bet is $8. If you lose:
Your next bet is $9 If you lose:
Your next bet is $10. If you lose:
Your next bet is $11. If you lose:

So to answer you question, it's not Martingale

Last edited:
Current trade still holding short from 12807. trading 2 pound a point current price 12756 at the close

Trades
1...£1 a point - 55 point = lose £55.00

2..£2 a point + 51 points = £102.00 trade still running.

3..?

I dont like the strenth in the Nasdaq, However it looks to be breaking to the down side. for a nice move of around 150 points....If you look at my chart you will see 5 the same patterns.

Basiclay, we move up, then temporally down, then move back up to break the high, then down again, this is the move you want to be on, for around 100 to 150 move...This is one pattern of many.

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...uration=75d&frequency=2h&forceOrient=portrait

The trades are for record keeping only..... Trades are based on £1.00 a point to keep score and for ease of following the trades.

Who cares if it is based on a Martingale.

There are 2 big differences between a Martingale and laptop's system 1. Is the staking system which Laptop has already pointed out and the second is a Martingale is based on a true 50/50 random outcome ( except the zero of course ) of which you can not influence it or change it in any way. Laptop can move the odds of success in his favour by good position entry through experience,skill and technical analysis. That is a major difference.

Anybody who posts has the guts to post a real time system on here gets credit from me.

Just my 2 cents worth to try and help laptop when you get a large down move in your favour like you had yesterday why not lock in some profits there and re-enter when the low is taken out again. After a large intraday down move 80 + points we were odds on for a retraction back up,you could exit at a 2 or 5 min. mav. cross going back up.Lock in profits and re-enter as stated above. Easier said than done I know but it can be with discipline.Much better to bank 70 points or so than watch it ride back up and lose 50 points, especially against the long term trend.

Good luck anyway.

klw said:

There are 2 big differences between a Martingale and laptop's system 1. Is the staking system which Laptop has already pointed out and the second is a Martingale is based on a true 50/50 random outcome ( except the zero of course ) of which you can not influence it or change it in any way. Laptop can move the odds of success in his favour by good position entry through experience,skill and technical analysis. That is a major difference.

Anybody who posts has the guts to post a real time system on here gets credit from me.

Just my 2 cents worth to try and help laptop when you get a large down move in your favour like you had yesterday why not lock in some profits there and re-enter when the low is taken out again. After a large intraday down move 80 + points we were odds on for a retraction back up,you could exit at a 2 or 5 min. mav. cross going back up.Lock in profits and re-enter as stated above. Easier said than done I know but it can be with discipline.Much better to bank 70 points or so than watch it ride back up and lose 50 points, especially against the long term trend.

Good luck anyway.
I agree with you. I got some excellent little patterns to get out of a position but for the purpose of this thread I am going to keep it simple. easy to follow, If I start zooming in on 5 min charts, it will start getting confusing. This method its based on 2 hours charts only. The downside is. "one needs patients" But I hear what you're saying, thanks

Current tade still short from 12807
Stop 55
Target 150

klw said:

Who said anybody cared?

Yes, you are quite correct, laptop1 deserves credit for posting his trades in real time.

Again, good luck laptop1.

laptop1 said:
Looks like I will close the trade out at tonight close.

Yeah i didn't mean any dis-respect, but how can this increase your expectation, all your doing is placing more at risk, surly each trade should be looked at individually as no logical benefit can come from looking at them together.

Im just discussing this i by no means think im right.

Cheers

Closed position 12701 from short 12807 for 107 points at 2 pound a point.

Trades to date
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

Check out the chart pattern on post 6, it worked to plan.

I'm not interested in going long till 12740 is hit, if 12740 is broken target 12900

To the down side I see 12637 as a nice target for a continue down move.

My plan is to scalp to the down side today. cannot post these trades sorry.

But if 12740 is hit I will enter a long position trade. stop 70 Target 160

Last edited:
No trades today. However I did scalp to the short side all day unfortantely I cannot show these trades.But I will show the 2 hour chart trades. at the moment we are in no mans land.

The plan for Monday is to go long for 40 points. off the open. I plan to buy any where from 12664 to 12637 off the open for a tagrget of 40 points. ...It's what I call a swing within a swing trade.

For the ease of following I will base all trades on 1 pound a point. You know the rules if the first trade don't work out.

For my record keeping only

Nice trade laptop.

I am unable to open the files downloaded from your links, any ideas how I can do this so that I may keep up to date with what you are posting ?

klw said:
Nice trade laptop.

I am unable to open the files downloaded from your links, any ideas how I can do this so that I may keep up to date with what you are posting ?
Im not sure, I just clicked on them and they seem to work ok. I'm not sure, is your Java up to date. Can anyone else click on them. If not, I see if I can send another link

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...uration=75d&frequency=2h&forceOrient=portrait

Worked to plan.

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...uration=90d&frequency=2h&forceOrient=portrait

Java is up to date as far as I can see. My p.c. has never liked java for some reason and frequently has associated problems with it.

I have tried changing the file format in Irfanview but the file extension Jsp is not even listed there,so stuck for now.

Thanks anyway.

What made you take the profits at below target level ( 150 points ) Laptop ? Have you had a change in strategy ?

I still think it was a great trade by the way.

Long 12650....
target 50
stop 25

For the purpose of easy following, trades are based on 1 pound a point. you know the rules if the first trade dont work

................................................................................................................................................................

Stopped out for 25 points. trade to date are below

Trades to date
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

Up $134.00 on 3 trades so far.

ItS like to old days the YM is down 100 points before the Cash opens.

Update later with a chart

Last edited: