laptops YM Trades.

laptop1 said:
Short here at 12264

Stop 100
Target 200..
I am tempted to get out here, I have a gut feeling we could get a bounce before continuing down. There could be an opportunity to go short again higher. by doing this I would have secured over 100 points. I give it around 45 to 90 mins to decide.

The resone behind this is, when the market gives you a lot of points in a short time take it.I have memorys when I used to trade the dow in 1997 to 2001 how it used to act, these old patterns have come back in to play.

Current trade still short from 12264

Live Trades to date
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point +114 points = profit £228.00

5...?

Up $362.00 on 4 trades so far.

Last edited:
Been away from the boards for a while. This broke my resistance, watching and learning laptop, very interesting thread. Like it.
Looks like the close could be a weak one, but held up well today. bounced off the lows made in yesterdays afternoon session after the rally from the weak open. I thought we would have some follow through from the weak Asian market last night, but all the lows made out of the market really and on the open so that to me is positive. As long as it holds over 200 tonight it will be positive in my view, close below and were back in no mans land with a Monday sell off after some of the profit taking by the short term bears tomorrow.
Good trades so far.
Chris

chindl said:
Been away from the boards for a while. This broke my resistance, watching and learning laptop, very interesting thread. Like it.
Looks like the close could be a weak one, but held up well today. bounced off the lows made in yesterdays afternoon session after the rally from the weak open. I thought we would have some follow through from the weak Asian market last night, but all the lows made out of the market really and on the open so that to me is positive. As long as it holds over 200 tonight it will be positive in my view, close below and were back in no mans land with a Monday sell off after some of the profit taking by the short term bears tomorrow.
Good trades so far.
Chris
Yes I tend to agree with you, if you look at the chart I see a short signal at around 12000/10
However we got down close to it today, so I decided to take a puntwhen it went back up, at sold at 12250.I hold on to the trade overnight and review it tomorrow.

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...ration=90d&frequency=90m&forceOrient=portrait

Last edited:
klw said:
Java is up to date as far as I can see. My p.c. has never liked java for some reason and frequently has associated problems with it.

I have tried changing the file format in Irfanview but the file extension Jsp is not even listed there,so stuck for now.
If you're still having trouble klw try selecting Adobe to open the file, worked for me!
Chris

laptop1 said:
New trade

short 12250..
stop 100
target 100
Target hit late today for 100 points. from short 12250 out at 12150....

Live Trades to date

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.00

Up $462.00 on 5 trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £4,620

chindl said:
If you're still having trouble klw try selecting Adobe to open the file, worked for me!
Chris

Yes, didn't work with me neither, but opening it with a PDF reader seems to do the trick!

laptop1 said:
Target hit late today for 100 points. from short 12250 out at 12150....

Live Trades to date

Up $462.00 on 5 trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £4,620

Nice track result so far.
I wonder how do you determine your stop & target. Under the current market volatility the YM is moving around much quicker on a single bar than it was doing before (in a whole day sometimes!). I usually plot an ATR or look at the daily range of the last couple of days, but we don't need a study to see that the moves are much bigger than they were in the beginning of February... anyway just a thought... keep up the good work!

firewalker99 said:
Nice track result so far.
I wonder how do you determine your stop & target. Under the current market volatility the YM is moving around much quicker on a single bar than it was doing before (in a whole day sometimes!). I usually plot an ATR or look at the daily range of the last couple of days, but we don't need a study to see that the moves are much bigger than they were in the beginning of February... anyway just a thought... keep up the good work!

Basically I use bigger stops and move them closer as time goes on.The last 5 trades everything went to plan, what I like about this strategy is, I add to the next trade..1,2,3,4,5..(you only double up on the 2nd trade), the third trade you just add another $1....if you base the method, starting on $1 a point

The trade with a tight stop was trade 3.....25 point stop, that was a basic stop just below the low...I was going to write if that stop gets hit go short. but I didn't post that trade.."I will only post live trades"...

. I could have said I went shot on trade 3, but what is the point it not live...To many journals say, I went short here or I bought there one can make a journal look impressive after the event, but its a different story when ones post live.…

I have said before I was trading the Dow through 1997 to 2001, alarm bells was ringing when we had 100 point on the dow futures before the Dow Cash opened.… I remember the patterns, I posted some where on T2W..its like the old days. and that's how it panned out over the next few days.…

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes thanks chindl reloaded Adobe acrobat and its working ok..

Keep it going laptop,you're doing well.

Laptop - could I ask why you decided to move your exit? Was it based on S/R levels and the feeling that the market was posting a double top? Usually, when we are so near to a juicy round number the market will be magnatised to it, but clearly on this occasion that was not the case and you called it to within a few points of the top for this session. Well done.
Chris

chindl said:
Laptop - could I ask why you decided to move your exit? Was it based on S/R levels and the feeling that the market was posting a double top? Usually, when we are so near to a juicy round number the market will be magnatised to it, but clearly on this occasion that was not the case and you called it to within a few points of the top for this session. Well done.
Chris
Like you said, I was looking for a double top, I got out on the next rally nearing the previous high "Basic trading" ......However, on that next rally, it was 1 point of my first target....but I am happy with 110 points on that trade..

Live Trades to date

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.00

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110

Up £572.00 on 6 trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £5,720

laptop1 said:
Short 12145
Stop 70
Target 40

Sill short from 12145

You will see from my previous trades, my stop and targets are different from trade to trade. Some will ask why a stop of 70 and target of 40. on this current trade..Basically I base a trade on probabilities..I feel there is more chance of the market going down 40 than going up 70..There are a few resone for this,1 chart reading, 2, strenth and weakness in terms with other markets, like today, the Nasdaq is trading weak to the Dow. this will put pressure on the dow, it dont always work, but one must have an hedge even if its a small headge.