laptops YM Trades.

laptop1 said:
Short 12145
Stop 70
Target 40
Target just hit for 40 points from short 12145 out at 12105

Live Trades to date
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.00

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.00

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110

7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

Up £612.00 on 7trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £6120.00

laptop, well done on another good days trading.
Do you have a long signal for the open in the morning laptop? Looking for a bounce back to 195?
Just a thought!
Chris

chindl said:
laptop, well done on another good days trading.
Do you have a long signal for the open in the morning laptop? Looking for a bounce back to 195?
Just a thought!
Chris

Yes not a bad day 150 points on 2 trades today....I think this is the only journal that does live trades ....For tomorrow if we go up from here I go long on the break of the red line at 12087, I have posted a chart

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...et.net&symbol=YMH7&duration=120d&frequency=2h

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...phet.net&symbol=YMH7&duration=2d&frequency=5m

laptop1 said:
I have been testing a system and it looks sort of OK. I will see how it goes.. I will explain what I'm doing at a later date.when I know the full rules myself. . All trades will be live given in plenty of time.Its only for my Record-keeping

If I get a reversal signals.I will post it live. all trades will be market orders.

Current price 12765

SHORT YM 12751....
TARGET ......150
STOP............ 55.

Just started following this very interesting thread...... Quick stupid question - what hours can you (or do you) trade the YM's ?

laptop1 said:
Yes not a bad day 150 points on 2 trades today....I think this is the only journal that does live trades ....For tomorrow if we go up from here I go long on the break of the red line at 12087, I have posted a chart

Well done laptop, good stuff, looks like hungvir is back so diary of a swing spread better may be live trading again :)

Enjoying your journal, so keep up the good work and writing often.

don

hi nkruger

I try to place the trades between 1.00pm to 9.10pm UK time...........But some trades will have a resting order that could be filled late at night. like the trade I gave at yesterdays close. it was an order to go long at 12087.....

don

I see how it goes, I don't want to take anyone patch so to speak, now that hungvir is back like you say, does he give live calls also?
.........................................................................................................................................................................

laptop1 said:

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...et.net&symbol=YMH7&duration=120d&frequency=2h

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...phet.net&symbol=YMH7&duration=2d&frequency=5m

UPDATE

Long order filled last night at 12087...Now time to place a stop and target

Long 12087
Stop 75
Target 100

The target on this trade is 9 ticks below yesterdays high

laptop1 said:
I see how it goes, I don't want to take anyone patch so to speak, now that hungvir is back like you say, does he give live calls also?
.........................................................................................................................................................................
/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry too much laptop - we used to post a number of live calls on the Dow last year, buit this all faded when Hung went on an assignment to Vietnam. They were not the same type of calls either.
Chris

Target just for 78 points from long12087 out at 12165

Live Trades to date
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.00

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.00

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110

7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

8..£1 a point + 78 points = profit + £78

Up £690.00 on 8trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £6690.00..

Last edited:
chindl said:
laptop1 said:
/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry too much laptop - we used to post a number of live calls on the Dow last year, buit this all faded when Hung went on an assignment to Vietnam. They were not the same type of calls either.
Chris

Hi Chris

I've just posted in the diary asking hung what he's going to be up to, and agreed it was slightly different.

Laptop

Anyway good trades again and its no ones patch, after all its good to follow what others trade whatever the format.

Happy trading

don

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you short, as I have it in that direction too!
Chris

Last edited:
chindl said:
Good to see you short, as I have it in that direction too!
Chris

Hello Chris - can I ask your reasoning as to why you're short on the Dow ? I also daytrade it but I was long from 09:10 this morning @ 12187 and I've just closed it @ 12220. That's me done unless it goes over 12250 when I'll be long again.
NK :LOL:

nkruger said:
Hello Chris - can I ask your reasoning as to why you're short on the Dow ? I also daytrade it but I was long from 09:10 this morning @ 12187 and I've just closed it @ 12220. That's me done unless it goes over 12250 when I'll be long again.
NK :LOL:

Or I'll be short if it goes motoring through 12164 !! :LOL:

NK - Sorry for the delay, hard days graft today. It's a longer term trade, I'm biased to the downside on an intermediate trade, it's not a day trade. Looks like it's not going down any further for today though. I'm surprised laptop has not yet pulled the plug, must have been mighty close to the stop order in the last hour.
Chris

chindl said:
NK - Sorry for the delay, hard days graft today. It's a longer term trade, I'm biased to the downside on an intermediate trade, it's not a day trade. Looks like it's not going down any further for today though. I'm surprised laptop has not yet pulled the plug, must have been mighty close to the stop order in the last hour.
Chris
Hi Chris Few! still holding on to the trade got very close to my stop though :eek: but still in, However I nearly got flat at breakeven today on the first leg down today. if it was not for the NASDAQ showing weakness i would have got out at B/E

Still holding on to this trade
Short 12190
Target 90
Stop 70

I'm dew for a loss though am I not! :|

The two hourly MACD may be the saviour, it could be about to roll downside and is overbought. Not sure it will hold your stop though. It's trying to break the two hammers posted together early last Wed, get's throught those and the two Ronnies will be on stage, it's goodnight from!!!!
Chris

Would you take BE now? Just interested to understand your mindset in terms of managing this aspect of the trade? I notice you look for the leading index to make decisions, I assume this would be an influence on whether BE is good enough on this trade?
Chris