Laptop systems

Do you use an external Mouse with your Laptop ?

• Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any updates on the cooling program chaps?
Does silence mean its working or has meltdown ensued?
:D

The one I found wouldn't show on the laptop. It lowered mine(not a laptop) from 41c to 30. Not that I need it :cheesy:
aida32 didn't support his mobo. Maybe we can find another to monitor the temp.

Same here. LT doesn't report temp readings.

My desktop has recorded the following reductions in temperature since installing CPUIdle: (in degrees C)

Motherboard from 32 to 28
CPU from 37 to 33
Auxilliary (ambient internal tower temp I imagine - in which case the disks and other boards probably account for the majority of this heat output) from 25 to 24.

Laptop now functioning well and not getting overly hot or cutting out on me.

However I don't know whether that is becos of CPU Eat n Cool or the 2 phone directories that I have the machine propped up on as advised by Doctor Skimbleshanks.

I had a Dell Inspirion 5000e laptop and it ran very hot, I read somewhere on the Dell web site (I think) that there was a problem with the battery bursting into flames!

Dont leave home without it.

Hmm well I think I'll try the program and pass on the phone directories and bucket of water options.

I never managed to get my Dell to achieve critical mass before I passed it on to my son.

But then I never ran the Updata highlighter and optimiser on it.

I've got an idea that batteries heat up if you discharge them too fast. Somerthing to do with hot copper being a better conductor than cool copper, alllowing more current to flow and generating heat.
Perhaps CPU cooling would help to slow down the discharge rate and conserve battery life?

I'll bet there's a website somewhere that covers this.

That's a website I take it and not Penelope Pitstop from Wacky Races? :cheesy:

If you go to the OC sites you'll find plenty of advice on cooling, but I suspect if your machine is newish and overheating then there's something wrong.
That cpuidle prog certainly works but does it slow you down?

Well the Win98 version "Rain" never caused any noticable slowdown, so I wouldn't expect cpuidle to either.

Pitstop did pick up a need to defrag though.

if all else fails, you could buy a 'cold pack' for putting on sprains etc

leave it in the fridge overnight and sit your laptop on it during the day.

very good at absorbing heat.

lol