Laptop systems

Do you use an external Mouse with your Laptop ?

• Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 10
The built in mouse thingies look and feel 'messy' to me. I know that may not sound very technical

but maybe they are something you get used to ?

Dow Dog

409 0
Built-in mouses ( mice ) require a lot of fingering. I prefer the mouse that you can hold properly in your hand - got a much mousier feel to it.

Nildes

144 0
Built in mice are fine for a lot of functions but drag and drop can be a bit tricky since you've got to hold down one button with your thumb whilst using your finger to make the move...requiring the hand to do fairly awkward stuff since the index finger and thumb are so close.
I use a Toshiba bought from e-buyer.
It works fine but the battery life is very short.
Sometimes its not worth the hassle for a half hours work and easier to stick your stuff on a memory stick and take it home. :(

Nildes

144 0
Yep, but that requires a flat surface to roll on....and when you're lying back on the sofa, or sitting on the train with laptop on your knees playing Spider Solitaire..erm I mean working, where d'you put the little crittur? :LOL:

hampy

276 5
I've just bought the ' Targus cordless optical mouse' ( model No
PAWM20 ) designed especially for laptops. Love it! Wouldn't be without it now.
hampy

Nildes

144 0
I've got the Logitech optical cordless mouse.
Nice but eats batteries every fortnight.

rossored

2,105 56
I've got a Packard Bell optical mouse plugged into my PS2 port - cant have it in the USB port because then the fingermouse thing still works and causes me all sorts of "oops I didnt mean to sell that" problems. Works like a charm, anyway.

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 10
Thank you to everyone for letting me have your views and comments.
at the moment the count is 13 externals out of 17.

Can I conclude that the "on board" mouse is therefore not ideal ?

My existing and somewhat antique laptop does not have an on board mouse and , in view of the reponse, I think I would prefer a new system without one.
I prefer a keyboard that comes up to the edge of the case.

Are such systems available anymore ? Or do we all have to succumb to the modern fashion?

I would appreciate any recommendations.

(It will only be used for working on a desk)

Last edited:

rossored

2,105 56
Bonsai, I think they all have the mousepadthingummybob.

FYI, I've got a Fujitsu "Amilo" lappie, 2.4Gig, 512mb ram, 40GB drive etc etc. Apart from the slightly noisy, almost constant fan, its brill.

However, I'd highly recommend Toshiba (used to use one in my work - silent and bulletproof) and of course Sony.

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
I use the built-in touchpad - it's wonderful! Never gets clogged up with fluff, and is much easier to use than those darn mousies.

Dragging is easy - just double tap and drag, or hold the shift key down and drag.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
A woman's touch is everything...... sigh.
But technology has mooved on, dear. We now have optical mice with no balls. Still, no good for you, I guess. :cheesy:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock