ken livingstone.

Chicken Curry said:
Why does the final sentence of the above extract not surprise me one iota ?

Seems he wasn't married to Ms Greer though Soc.
Ah, thanks, that seems to be the answer.

What do you call a keeper of newts, a newtor ?

I have had a peek in the Oxford Concise, and as such, a term does not exist, it is the best that can be done. I think.

the blades said:
Soc - are you taking something? - I can actually understand your posts, and they're funny to boot!

Keep it up :LOL:

UTB

Page 3, bristols etc - something we all agree on :devilish:
Good, Marvellous !

I see that among your interests apart from family, you list eating, drinking and football.

While you are bingeing and drinking and watchng 22 men kicking a ball around you miss wonderful things.

I am not against football, mind. But I support the Doncaster Belles. As a team they are useless but I love to see them play and get covered in mud and everything.

And then they score a goal and hug and kiss each other and squeal....marvellous !

You don't know what you are missing. You ought to change your habits, you really ought to.:LOL:

Chicken Curry said:
How about a " Newtonian" ?
No, I think that is unsuitable......sounds too "intellectual" for Mr Living Stone.:LOL:

Newtish, Newtologist, Newtor, Newtary, Newtist are better, what do you think of these?

charliechan said:
lol - quite right too.

envy clouds ones better judgement doesnt it!

on yer bike abbot! at least she isnt getting her hooters out!! eeeeewwww
LOL Thank goodness for that !

But she does manage to make a lot of hooting without hooters out......... loud hooting too.........................................you will notice it more if your TV is blaring ! ( "Blairing") TIC

And if the producer comments "Diane you are talking too loud for the mike...you are hooting !"

She might reply "Hooting ? Hoo......me ?".

(A Hootie....not a Hottie)

Last edited:
Ken was elected by the people , for the people , of the people and was stopped from doing his duty by a group of salves of talaviv. Democracy my a***,

Just goes to show how unintelligent the people are doesn't it, and that so-called democracy often throws up nonsensical results.

After all we have Blair as PM ( which is probably worse than having Ken as Mayor ) with a sizeable majority after securing nowhere near 51% of the vote, and proceeding to behave like a dictator.

But you have to keep smiling :LOL:

AC007 said:
Ken was elected by the people , for the people , of the people and was stopped from doing his duty by a group of salves of talaviv. Democracy my a***,
What are you talking about ? You need to have lived in London to personally experience all his perfectly stupid schemes. When you actually live in the Capital and you have to put up with his ideas and the mess he has created with transpoft for starters then you will not have the fanciful ideas you currently have, I assure you. What democracy are you talking about ? Proper democracy embraces the idea that the people of London be consulted by vote or otherwise as to what they really want and truly need, which is the opposite of what he does. And what is worse is that the result of what he does causes the bills to come raining down. All of it unnecessary. You ought to get your facts straight before you make posts for the sake of posting.

Chicken Curry said:
Just goes to show how unintelligent the people are doesn't it, and that so-called democracy often throws up nonsensical results.

After all we have Blair as PM ( which is probably worse than having Ken as Mayor ) with a sizeable majority after securing nowhere near 51% of the vote, and proceeding to behave like a dictator.

But you have to keep smiling :LOL:
Yes, you are right, it is better to keep smiling and pretend it is not happening, which is to have to be governed by elected representatives such as these.

Democracy - Buy Tony and Ken a dictionary !

SOCRATES said:
What are you talking about ? You need to have lived in London to personally experience all his perfectly stupid schemes. When you actually live in the Capital and you have to put up with his ideas and the mess he has created with transpoft for starters then you will not have the fanciful ideas you currently have, I assure you. What democracy are you talking about ? Proper democracy embraces the idea that the people of London be consulted by vote or otherwise as to what they really want and truly need, which is the opposite of what he does. And what is worse is that the result of what he does causes the bills to come raining down. All of it unnecessary. You ought to get your facts straight before you make posts for the sake of posting.
Ken's proposal to extend the charging zone westwards included a questionnaire sent to residents of Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham. I filled out this questionnaire in which the questions were phrased in such a way that they were loaded with a bias towards saying yes to the extension. Only 41 % of those questioned wanted the extension even based on this slanted questionnaire.

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/transportandstreets/congestioncharging/upload/ccharge.pdf

Is this democracy ?

What % of the population are in favour of the Iraq war ?

Is this democracy ?

What % want ID cards ? The list goes on ....

Charlton

SOCRATES said:
Good, Marvellous !

I see that among your interests apart from family, you list eating, drinking and football.

While you are bingeing and drinking and watchng 22 men kicking a ball around you miss wonderful things.

I am not against football, mind. But I support the Doncaster Belles. As a team they are useless but I love to see them play and get covered in mud and everything.

And then they score a goal and hug and kiss each other and squeal....marvellous !

You don't know what you are missing. You ought to change your habits, you really ought to.:LOL:

if they're naked as well, I'm in.

:LOL:

the blades said:
if they're naked as well, I'm in.

:LOL:
No, only in the dressing room, in the hot tub, washing off mud and smudged lipstick etc.,:LOL:

If you start following Womens' Football, you will never go back to watching 22 boring blokes kicking a ball about again, and then if you become an active supporter, well then...:cheesy: you can get autographed pictures smudged with lipstick and marked with XXXXXX etc.,:cheesy: and if you kit out a whole team, well then, anything can happen to you, so be prepared. :cheesy:

SOCRATES said:
No, only in the dressing room, in the hot tub, washing off mud and smudged lipstick etc.,:LOL:
[/color]

I'll be back to read the rest of your post in 5 minutes........ :devilish:

Charlton said:
Ken's proposal to extend the charging zone westwards included a questionnaire sent to residents of Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham. I filled out this questionnaire in which the questions were phrased in such a way that they were loaded with a bias towards saying yes to the extension. Only 41 % of those questioned wanted the extension even based on this slanted questionnaire.

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/transportandstreets/congestioncharging/upload/ccharge.pdf

Is this democracy ?

What % of the population are in favour of the Iraq war ?

Is this democracy ?

What % want ID cards ? The list goes on ....

Charlton
I did better than you. When he was elected I could see this coming. I just sold my townhouse in Chelsea and moved before he was able to introduce all these draconian impositions. I was able to sell without much difficulty because the property included hard parking for two + cars, otherwise It would have been stuck with the estate agents for a long time.

SOCRATES said:
I did better than you. When he was elected I could see this coming. I just sold my townhouse in Chelsea and moved before he was able to introduce all these draconian impositions. I was able to sell without much difficulty because the property included hard parking for two + cars, otherwise It would have been stuck with the estate agents for a long time.

man- you missed out on big capital gain then.

And with your extraordinary use of time and language too!

shame

jimbo57 said:
man- you missed out on big capital gain then.

And with your extraordinary use of time and language too!

shame
You can rant and rave as much as you like, but they are adamant, that's it, LOL.

SOCRATES said:
Ah, thanks, that seems to be the answer.

What do you call a keeper of newts, a newtor ?

I have had a peek in the Oxford Concise, and as such, a term does not exist, it is the best that can be done. I think.

You could call a drunken one a "pistasa" :)

Bigbusiness said:
You could call a drunken one a "pistasa" :)
And..."pistaso" for male gender. :LOL:

And..."pistasette" where and when appropriate.:LOL:

Remind me to tell you about the pistasette the night I went clubbing in Gloucester...:cool:

SOCRATES said:
And..."pistaso" for male gender. :LOL:

And..."pistasette" where and when appropriate.:LOL:

Remind me to tell you about the pistasette the night I went clubbing in Gloucester...:cool:

clubbing in gloucester! that must have been very amusing. a friend of mine lives in chepstow and we sometimes go to gloucester.

gloucester is a very funny place - especially that indoor shopping centre with that indoor market. very funny. im in fits just thinking about the place. the way they all call eachother 'shag'.

i wonder what ken would do with the place? ban farming?