Corbyn - not a nice man

barjon

Legendary member
10,705 1,809
Well I don't see it that way, Major came to power in recession which fits with people voting based on how they feel economically. Labour remained in power until (yet again) economically things took a nosedive and then they were gone again.

Ok, but if you remember the times when there was a gulf between left and right (nationalisation vs privatisation as one example) how was it that the floating voters jumped that gulf? Could their thinking really change so dramatically in so short a time?

The explanation is that they wanted the government out and jumped to vote for the party most likely to achieve that result.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,790 3,083
Why are they harder in recession ? from what I can see deals are easier to make in recession than when times are booming in my view.

There are always losers and winners. Redistribution of monies, wealth and assets.

People will fight harder during bad times, be less giving or generous.

Ofcourse, there was and is nothing to stop the UK exporting what ever it wants now anyhow so I can't fathom what difference it will make making new deals. Much ado about nothing from the Brexit camp.

Mr Dyson is a plank in my opinion. Fact that he exports 81% of his products to outside of EU and still mouths of about Brexit being a grand old idea is just how far people will stick their heads up their own ends.

Deals can be made anytime including now but in general more probable during upturns and good times imo.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,790 3,083
Well I don't see it that way, Major came to power in recession which fits with people voting based on how they feel economically. Labour remained in power until (yet again) economically things took a nosedive and then they were gone again.

Major came into power because the Tory party was in power during the groovy 80s when Raganomics boosted the whole Global economy and it seemed they were better at managing the economy.

Had nothing to do with their policies of decimating manufacturing and cutting back on social services, selling national treasures to reduce PSBR. Just simply World Trade was booming.

As a recession was approaching Labour was talking about raising taxation and fear of unions, strikes and the lates 70s were still fresh in public minds so they stuck with that old addage the devil you know is better than the one you don't.

Trader333

8,652 979

Not in my experience they don't and if anything it is the opposite as they will give more away to get a deal that offers something even if not ideal but is better than nothing where both sides lose out.

Trader333

8,652 979
As a recession was approaching Labour was talking about raising taxation and fear of unions, strikes and the lates 70s were still fresh in public minds so they stuck with that old addage the devil you know is better than the one you don't.

The only point I was making here is that people vote on how they feel economically. If not then Blair would have got hammered in 2005 for taking us into a war 2 years earlier which the whole country was against.

counter_violent

Legendary member
11,258 3,005
Trouble is when change is due Generals Elections are generally lost rather than won as people vote to get rid of the party in power. And who do they swing to in order to effect that? The next biggest party in terms of number of seats, that's who. And who will that be? Surprise, surprise it's Labour.

We've seen it all before, they came back into power after the last time they were consigned to the wilderness forever as unelectable following a major desertion of members to the new Social Democrats.

Well, One election cycle at a time is how it goes. So I think we can confidently predict that the next G E will be an increased majority and a further move right of center, even though this Govt will be more moderate by it's make up.

So if Labour do split, which is highly likely, the left will eventually peter out, the centrists will take an age to form into anything approaching credible and a further faction of former Labour voters turned UKIP will ensure we stay right of center.

There is zero chance that "Labour" will be the next Govt.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,790 3,083
Well, One election cycle at a time is how it goes. So I think we can confidently predict that the next G E will be an increased majority and a further move right of center, even though this Govt will be more moderate by it's make up.

So if Labour do split, which is highly likely, the left will eventually peter out, the centrists will take an age to form into anything approaching credible and a further faction of former Labour voters turned UKIP will ensure we stay right of center.

There is zero chance that "Labour" will be the next Govt.

You forgetting Liberal Democrats :idea:

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,370 1,194
Oh yes ! I remember.
The last known one was the Cleggosauraus Extincticus.
I don't think DNA cloning is that advanced that they could be recreated.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,790 3,083
Oh yes ! I remember.
The last known one was the Cleggosauraus Extincticus.
I don't think DNA cloning is that advanced that they could be recreated.

Tories owe Liberals! Thought they did well to come together and worked great. Simply that LibDems not as cut-throat as the Tories. :whistling

Labour MP's welcome at LibDems House :cool:

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,370 1,194
Liberals owe Tories for their once in a century opportunity to share in govt.

"Labour MPs welcome at LibDem House" STILL not learnt to not prostitute themselves ha ha

counter_violent

Legendary member
11,258 3,005
There are always losers and winners. Redistribution of monies, wealth and assets.

Ofcourse, there was and is nothing to stop the UK exporting what ever it wants now anyhow so I can't fathom what difference it will make making new deals. Much ado about nothing from the Brexit camp.

Mr Dyson is a plank in my opinion. Fact that he exports 81% of his products to outside of EU and still mouths of about Brexit being a grand old idea is just how far people will stick their heads up their own ends.

Deals can be made anytime including now but in general more probable during upturns and good times imo.

Well if Dyson is a plank, I guess that would make Sugar a total plank. Fancy being quite a few tens of millions worse off on your London property portfolio, cos you couldn't read the mood of the country properly.

Bloody amateur.
I'm fired !

Attachments

• i'm fired.jpg
    i'm fired.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

sminicooper

Experienced member
1,148 327
Corbyn is a very, very dangerous man. Should he and his ilk ever gain power they will change the rules to embed themselves in government on a permanent basis and will persecute and eradicate any opposition. Just like Hitler, they will get to this initial position quite legally and with the support of hoodwinked voters. If you want any idea of what they would be like, just find out all you can about "Momentum" his political support body who are for instance, currently undermining and bullying current Labour MPs who do not subscribe to their aims.

The current stock of Labour MPs must hold themselves to blame for ever having enabled Corbyn to appear on the ballot paper in 2015 – this was done only at the last moment and in an attempt at "fairness". And this was from people who knew his form and themselves wanted to be in government – what a joke!

If the May government does not crush Corbyn (by legal means of course, and they will have to do it because the Labour party is incapable) there could be serious consequences.

Last edited:

Atilla

Legendary member
19,790 3,083
Liberals owe Tories for their once in a century opportunity to share in govt.

"Labour MPs welcome at LibDem House" STILL not learnt to not prostitute themselves ha ha

You have blinkered tunnel vision. Put note in diary.

Stand%20alone%20pic.JPG

YOU must visit Specsavers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock