Keeping fit guys ?

a bit of yoga is good for you

Attachments

• Jordan-Carver-Yoga-Girl-13.jpg
    Jordan-Carver-Yoga-Girl-13.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 2,370
High intensity workouts 3 x week on my cycling machine. Beats those slow but steady workouts I used to do!

I do cycling twice a week, but here is something for you to have a laugh about!

I still find it difficult to separate work/reward from trading, I know it sounds ridiculous, and I know it is ridiculous, but when I am out cycling, I can't stop myself from thinking if I push a little harder my trades will go better, even though I know there is absolutely no link between the two. It's the old hard-wired work/reward concept, incorrect, but hard to shift.

I still find it difficult to separate work/reward from trading, I know it sounds ridiculous, and I know it is ridiculous, but when I am out cycling, I can't stop myself from thinking if I push a little harder my trades will go better, even though I know there is absolutely no link between the two. It's the old hard-wired work/reward concept, incorrect, but hard to shift.

There's no harm done, though, if it makes you leaner and meaner!

Isn't this more to do with your mind set and approach to adversity. When going gets tough, some pile in harder. Some flake out.

I used to be like you always trying to better PBs times whether it was running, cycling or holding breath underwater.

I like to think of it as being the best you can be.

Having said that (I may have mentioned before), apparently in a US study more fit men over the age of 50 are having heart attacks not because they are unfit but because they push it too hard when exercising. :!:

Since I've read this report I've eased off my pedals when going uphill and will get off my bike and walk it.

Great temperament though. Keep it up (y)

That is a good point Atilla, I am over 50, and seem to take longer to warm up than an old compact flourecent light bulb !

Do you still have the link to the study ?

Isn't this more to do with your mind set and approach to adversity. When going gets tough, some pile in harder. Some flake out.

I used to be like you always trying to better PBs times whether it was running, cycling or holding breath underwater.

I like to think of it as being the best you can be.

Having said that (I may have mentioned before), apparently in a US study more fit men over the age of 50 are having heart attacks not because they are unfit but because they push it too hard when exercising. :!:

Since I've read this report I've eased off my pedals when going uphill and will get off my bike and walk it.

Great temperament though. Keep it up (y)

That is a good point Atilla, I am over 50, and seem to take longer to warm up than an old compact flourecent light bulb !

Do you still have the link to the study ?

Found this which is along similar lines.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2628314/Too-exercise-bad-heart.html

Basically, I read the article after I tried to ride up Devil's Dyke on my way home having got off at Hayward's Heath cycling to Worthing. I was on my Raleigh hybrid with panniers and folders loaded up. Must have been about 16-18kg. So wasn't on my usual light road racing bike for leisure rides.

Anyhow, I was determined not to put my foot down but cycle on. I didn't make it and when I did stop my heart was throbbing in my ears.

The article scared me. So I don't do silly things like that anymore as I'm also over 50 :eek:

Why push it? What have I got to prove. Walking uphill was just as good. Downhill even better. :)

i cycle but with a full on serious team /club every tues thurs sat sun and in between on my own. Put my limits on step out of the door and worry about my trades late. Cycling stops me over trading

I will join a martial art class very soon...I think that will be enough to keep myself fit.