Strategies with edge for retail traders?

Hi, options-gorge,

Hope you have been doing well. Enjoyed your many posts in T2W.

One quick point to your 2nd bullet item: "meaning they can be selective and take only the best setups"

This is not a high likelihood for the average retail trader - simply b/c the avg retail trader does not know how, and/or does not care to, validate rigorous back-test(s) of the so=called "best setups" as identified/believed by that trader.

High performance - consistent high performance - is built upon conditioned systematic daily metrics of both Trader and system performance criteria. And once this DISCIPLINE and structure is established - it still takes lag time (in years) in order for the small daily gains of SKILL to accumulate and develop into high proficiency and mastery (as true in any sports and/or competitive endeavors at the highest levels).

WklyOptions
Hi Wkly Options,
I agree with your point re back-testing.
And I agree with your point of performance metrics and that it takes a long time (likely longer than most aspiring traders anticipate). [This was one of the points I barked on about in my T2W interview - see link in my signature].

I dare to think that there may well be quite a few 'winning' retail traders who believe they know how to trade, even though they just happen to fall on the positive side of variance at the outset.

Anyways, nice to hear that at least one other person has some similar lines of thinking as me - LOL. :)