Just Joined

Feathertouch

Hi everybody, this is my first entry. I'm a newbi daytrader. i'm always looking for hot tips like everybody. I'll post anything I hear about as much as i can. I've been playing gnw the last couple weeks. I've missed a lot of opportunities, but I caught a few too. Seems it's been moving a lot lately, and they're maybe going to get a piece of the tarp cash, I think it has good upside.

Welcome Feathertouch - but 'hot tips' - that phrase rings an alarm bell.
If you mean hot tips re good TA techniques, there are some brillaint people on here to help with that in any subject area you can think of. But hot tips on shares - forget it: any tip in the public domain is stone cold or a scam. The true hot tips are through insiders or rampers - but that would be illegal.

Anyway, why GNW particularly?

Welcome Feathertouch - but 'hot tips' - that phrase rings an alarm bell.
If you mean hot tips re good TA techniques, there are some brillaint people on here to help with that in any subject area you can think of. But hot tips on shares - forget it: any tip in the public domain is stone cold or a scam. The true hot tips are through insiders or rampers - but that would be illegal.

Anyway, why GNW particularly?

GNW has been moving a lot the last few weeks. Check the chart. Almost hit $4. last Tuesday. Like I said they got a good chance for Tarp. It's book is around $20. Good chance it'll break $4. soon. Maybe Monday if the markets are good. I'm not pumping it. It's just that I missed the big pop of hig a few weeks ago. GNW is in the same sector. The overall opinion is that it's another hig. It's not that expensive, and it can really jump.

Hi Feathertouch - thanks for that. Seen the chart. I don't believe book values and I know I can't analyse a company better than the professionals. For me a low share price never suggests a discount.

However, I believe an uptrend when I see it and the professionals don't act on everything as if its a foregone conclusion so I hope this one has the legs for a good run. Any share that rises against a bear market is worth a look. Good luck.

I'm daytrading this. In and out. I like to play with 1000 shares. With the way it moves, it's not that hard to grab $200. in a couple mins. on most days. Just look at last Tuesday morning. It poped over a buck in the 1st 2 hrs. It is stressful though. There are other stocks out there to play like this, but it's hard to find 1 that moves this practically everyday..