Junior Stock Broker Career Advise

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advise about embarking on a career as a Stock Broker (i know this is technically a trading forum).

I am 21 and I have been working in Sales for a few years now and I want to be a
stock broker/broker in the Financial Markets. I have very good sales skills, i'm credible, very determined and more than prepared to work extremely hard to prove myself.
The problem I am having is deciding what type of Broking jobs to apply for. I don't have great numeracy skills but I can get by, from what I gather working for an execution only Broker could be a better choice? Or perhaps selling penny shares...

Could any one advise what type of Broking jobs could be most suitable for someone like me from a sales background?

Any thought would be much appreciated,

Thanks.

Selling penny shares is just stealing from pensioners and other vulnerable people. Just thought I'd mention that. Maybe you're OK with that sort of thing.

Hi Mr Blonde thanks for the advise.

Which areas would you suggest? I'd imagine I'd be better of selling stock to high networth individuals rather than working as a corporate broker?

Numeracy skills are vital ,even for an execution only broker.
I worked in fx, but if a bank hits you on the bid for 14 mill,and at the same time a bank hits you on the offer for 6.7 mill, it's pretty mandatory that you can instantly work out which side you have to hit,and for how much..
If this is a struggle,there are other areas to pursue,which can still be lucrative. Good luck.

I could not be more interested in your thoughts on other areas that can still be lucrative. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.