beabroker.co.uk advise and help

joen14

Hi,

Just posting for some advise really. I've currently been working within accounts with a large custody bank for the last 3 years. I've been looking to further my career within finance and would like to get into the stock broker / trader roles within the city.

I've seen a few websites (like beabroker.co.uk) studying towards FSA qualifications. Just wondering if any one has used them? or could recommend any?

Also, from your experience what is the best way to get within this job sector? Would you recommend this job?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

:)

Hi,

Just posting for some advise really. I've currently been working within accounts with a large custody bank for the last 3 years. I've been looking to further my career within finance and would like to get into the stock broker / trader roles within the city.

I've seen a few websites (like beabroker.co.uk) studying towards FSA qualifications. Just wondering if any one has used them? or could recommend any?

Also, from your experience what is the best way to get within this job sector? Would you recommend this job?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

:)

Contact the SII for details relevent courses.

Get interviews with brokers, most would give day release or pay for the course if they thought you were OK. Obviously difficult time to get postion with broker.

Thanks for your replies, apologies I should of stated my preference. My aim is work within the flow and proprietary trader sector.

What would you suggest?

Thanks

I'd stay well away from 'beabroker'. It's just another scam that prays on the young and inexperienced

You pay £1,500 for the Sii certificates (which you can do yourself for £300) and then they promise you a job at the end of it, subject to consultation.

The problem is even if they do offer you a job at the end it's not a job you'd be wise to take. They'll place you in a small cap churn and burn boiler room on a £15K basic but '£100k OTE'. You'll be cold calling all day long and if you don't make your monthly targets you're out. These places have a huge staff turn over. To make matters worse these places are a real cv killer.

If you want to do the Sii certs then i suggest you go with BPP or 7City

PualoP, I went through beabroker and got a job quite quickly, starting a couple of weeks, it isn't small cap, its a CFD advisory firm but your points regarding cold calling all day and risk of getting sacked is correct....the 100k is realistic from personal experience in a similar financial sales role but a lot of things have to go your way and 40k is more realistic in the first year....

My question is that even if you just go through BPP and get the exams, what then? The only jobs that are easy to get are in similar small sales focused firms, I want to be a Sales-Trader, how do I get something better at a big firm without experience?

PualoP, I went through beabroker and got a job quite quickly, starting a couple of weeks, it isn't small cap, its a CFD advisory firm but your points regarding cold calling all day and risk of getting sacked is correct....the 100k is realistic from personal experience in a similar financial sales role but a lot of things have to go your way and 40k is more realistic in the first year....

My question is that even if you just go through BPP and get the exams, what then? The only jobs that are easy to get are in similar small sales focused firms, I want to be a Sales-Trader, how do I get something better at a big firm without experience?

rainmaker, I'm considering going through beabroker your advice would be highly appreciated. According to their website you can get your money back if they do not place you successfully within a certain period of time? How true is that? Also how many interviews did you have to go through before you were placed? Awaiting your reply on this thread or pm me pls. Thanks :)