Journal Take 2 - Chart Patterns

And to any ladies - i mean no offense. We think you're beautiful, really. For real.

1.2925 on the trailing exit. In a trend, retracements of 38-50% are normal/common.. so even if the rate climbs back up to 1.2924, it could still continue down from there.

EURUSD9-25c.jpg

alternatively, if the rate keeps dropping, i'd expect the bear swing to be finished around 4am EST

1.2922 on the trailing exit.

What do you guys do while holding trades? T2W? Anything else? Anyone play games? Exercise?

Some folks won't need to be told, for everyone else - the reason we use a time window around the news event is because information is not evenly distributed. Some market players get it sooner than the rest of us. When they take a position, it shows up in price action, so we watch price prior to the release, generally -3hrs of the release.

Robert Schiller calls this effect an information cascade, Hank Pruden compares trends to the fashion cycle. Both valid thinking paradigms regarding news event related intraday or swing trends and longer term trends as well.

Aish, big lower shadow on 5m bar. Some big player probably covered. 1.2921 on Trailing.

EURUSD9-25d.jpg

Revised 38-50% levels. Max retracement should be 1.2919 area, if one happens, and its not an outright reversal.

still hanging tough. if 1.2921 closed above, trades done for.. What was the German GfK Confidence number, anyone have it?

i really need to start taking profits at levels i expect reversals from. I tested out my trading rules using the trailing exit, and it works great often enough.. yet, wasn't it shown that if you traded the main swings instead of buy and hold you'd make 1.62 times as much? Something crazy like that.

smell my fear.. or don't. i won't blame you.

oh, the fake out ;) I'm getting confused with the time target bit though. We could see a fast drop into 4am. and then either sideways or up. aw forget trying to figure out/ out-think price. Know a tried and true method that makes money out of 1,000 trades and sizing your trades correctly and consistently is what this game is about. Consistency of purpose - making money - requires certain dedication. and honesty. with yourself, really. I have no idea what this market is going to do next, and i don't have to to make money this month.

--

look how that pin bar, or big lower shadow on the 5m warned of this retracement. totally. and typical.

trailing exit still at 1.2921

Whoa, Draghi Merkel talk at 4 - Ok definitely be flat going into that. Spike volatility can demolish my style..

i've got an alternative trailing exit on a 2m - 1.2917 for that one. this price action just ain't hip. its not trendy, you know what i'm sayin?

if price gets to 1.2914, i'm out. Then...maaaaaybe looking for a long.. we'll see how things react after 4am EST.

All right All, i'm out.

Spooked by that upcoming news and the support of this psy level AND the fact that 4am time target has a window of +/- 25m, meaning i'm out of time..

Now Flat

there are bearish W5 and W4 patterns now, in a typical retracement Price+Time window here.. The currency strength meter i watch has EURUSD as more of a long trade right now.. so im dubious. I like it best when all factors line up. In an up trend, M patterns can have 80% or higher accuracy. in a down trend W patterns can also have very high accuracy. However, use W patterns in an uptrend and you have very low accuracy - you're fighting the trend. So, using other directional criteria is critical IMO for success trading these patterns.

nevertheless, here are some W patterns right now.

EURUSD9-25e.jpg