Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited:
He did say sorry for the "N" word that wasn't broadcast, didn't he ?

I'd like to know where he'd be without TGear?

In my line of work i've lost count how many lunches missed.

Anybody who works, kindly step forward if you've never had your expectations fail because...

Big **** sd man up!

You kidding right? :eek:

What ever turns you on dude :LOL:

Top Gear used to be a motoring programme reviewing Austin Allegros and Peugeot estates and watched by the sort of person who joined the Civil Service Motoring Association and took the Institute of Advanced Motorists exams. And wore faux-leather driving gloves. It had minimal viewing figures and the BBC nearly dropped it. Then Clarkson came along and turned it into prime time entertainment with an audience of millions and the BBCs biggest export earner. Even if you hate him, you owe him a debt of gratitude that the money he's made for the BBC allows them to finance whatever worthy programming you'd rather watch instead. So yes, 0007 is spot on, he is Top Gear, and quite a bit more than that too.

Should he be censured for swinging at a junior producer? Dunno, but seeing as earlier versions of the story suggested he'd hit a woman, let's just wait for the facts before deciding, eh?

Black people use term nigger , the term was coined by blacks, the blacks also started slave trading other blacks, so WTF is the problem with whitey ?

Very insecure.

Top Gear used to be a motoring programme reviewing Austin Allegros and Peugeot estates and watched by the sort of person who joined the Civil Service Motoring Association and took the Institute of Advanced Motorists exams. And wore faux-leather driving gloves. It had minimal viewing figures and the BBC nearly dropped it. Then Clarkson came along and turned it into prime time entertainment with an audience of millions and the BBCs biggest export earner. Even if you hate him, you owe him a debt of gratitude that the money he's made for the BBC allows them to finance whatever worthy programming you'd rather watch instead. So yes, 0007 is spot on, he is Top Gear, and quite a bit more than that too.

Should he be censured for swinging at a junior producer? Dunno, but seeing as earlier versions of the story suggested he'd hit a woman, let's just wait for the facts before deciding, eh?

Wait for the facts indeed. Never said he hit anyone. This isn't the first tantrum by an over paid donk. Not the last. It's a two way street.

This is the kind of expectation that gets my goat. Debt of gratitude???? Get a grip - he gets paid shed loads of money. It's called work.

The allowances that are made for the wealthy and rich compared to low lives for minor offences is truly remarkable.

So tell us have you ever had to go hungry where business took precedence over your creature comforts?

The guy is an imbecile and acts like it just because he is what? You are so generous at giving him all the credit and not much to the BBC its organisers or their attempts to change the format of the program.

I think we should have a vote?

Black people use term nigger , the term was coined by blacks, the blacks also started slave trading other blacks, so WTF is the problem with whitey ?

Very insecure.

Not true at all. (n)

Comes from the latin word for black - negro, and it is a derogatory term.

It's a little like you disciplining your child where you may slap him?

Don't know if you are a parent but how would you feel if another stranger slapped your child. ????

You are so generous at giving him all the credit and not much to the BBC its organisers or their attempts to change the format of the programme

If I recall correctly, when 'original' Top Gear was taken off the air and turned into the dull-but-worthy Fifth Gear on C5 (yes, including a glam but useless female presenter), it was Clarkson who pitched the idea to the BBC of relaunching it as an entertainment programme rather than 'motoring magazine'. He owned a stake in the format rights before selling them to the BBC. So yes, he deserves the credit....

PS you should see the abuse a junior gets on a trading desk for getting the lunch order wrong. A punch in the face would be light relief ;)

If I recall correctly, when 'original' Top Gear was taken off the air and turned into the dull-but-worthy Fifth Gear on C5 (yes, including a glam but useless female presenter), it was Clarkson who pitched the idea to the BBC of relaunching it as an entertainment programme rather than 'motoring magazine'. He owned a stake in the format rights before selling them to the BBC. So yes, he deserves the credit....

PS you should see the abuse a junior gets on a trading desk for getting the lunch order wrong. A punch in the face would be light relief ;)

Haha, not where I work. I do trade floor support. Doesn't make it right either. Traders **** us off they don't get the service. They soon understand what works and what doesn't. :cool:

Coming back to subject his sold his rights so he should sod off.

I used to watch Channel 5.

Program formats come and go. No one is irreplaceable. Tyrants come and go.

Hitlers are made not born. Give someone enough rope and they'll hang them selves.

He could start his own program or go to C4 like Jonathon Ross and see what happens?

Justifications people coming up for that idiot smacks of desperation.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Clarkson should tell the beeb to go swivel......he doesn't need them.....but on the other hand !!!

The BBC is acutely sensitive to "stars' behaviour" and to "political incorrectness" at the moment, as part of the general backlash following the Savile enquiries and all the related cases.

Whether they like it or not (and at the moment, they don't) Clarkson's political incorrectness is a very substantial part of what turned that show into something they now sell to over 200 other countries.

There isn't enough factual information in the public domain yet, to draw any conclusions.

One thing's for sure: the petition is going to do the Guido Fawkes blog a lot more good than it does the BBC: that website's never had so much publicity.

Not true at all. (n)

Comes from the latin word for black - negro, and it is a derogatory term.

It's a little like you disciplining your child where you may slap him?

Don't know if you are a parent but how would you feel if another stranger slapped your child. ????

Nope, before modern term negro was used, the term nigger derives from people of Nigeria. From which nigger was first used.

It was a neutral term describing people of that region.

And now whitey crackerheads have been brainwashed into thinking otherwise.

The BBC is acutely sensitive to "stars' behaviour" and to "political incorrectness" at the moment, as part of the general backlash following the Savile enquiries and all the related cases.

Whether they like it or not (and at the moment, they don't) Clarkson's political incorrectness is a very substantial part of what turned that show into something they now sell to over 200 other countries.

There isn't enough factual information in the public domain yet, to draw any conclusions.

One thing's for sure: the petition is going to do the Guido Fawkes blog a lot more good than it does the BBC: that website's never had so much publicity.

He'll be standing for UKIP before you can say, Clarkson for PM !

That epitomises the very hypocrisy of the BBC.

Gawd all mighty - to think I was brought up on the fairness of eany, meany, miney mo.................
Never had a clue the PC lot would have near epileptic fits over such childish nonsense !!
Naturally one didn't want to offend others but really. Surely nobody of any intelligence would complain.