Jdtrader - day trading

Got work being done on the home this morning so will have to log off soon, got my stops in

Just went up to 1.6529+ but holding on I could of closed to regain that loss of £15 but it may hit 1.6550 and I will lock in limit at 1.6530 for a £1 profit lol

Lets see where it goes

Up to 1.6540 just locked in 1.6530

EUR/USD

Just took a profit of £15 at 1.4730

Bloomberg reporting that Euro strenght against the dollar is a year trend to push to 1.5160, they report this is a year long trend to come ?

Just closed my short for a LONG at 1.4729 it Bloomberg get it right +£431 to come over the year.
Stop 1.4690 to give it some breating space.

EUR/USD

Just took a profit of £15 at 1.4730

Bloomberg reporting that Euro strenght against the dollar is a year trend to push to 1.5160, they report this is a year long trend to come ?

Just closed my short for a LONG at 1.4729 it Bloomberg get it right +£431 to come over the year.
Stop 1.4690 to give it some breating space.

On the EUR/USD news I have taken a LONG on GBP/USD, right ? We will see

1.6540 stop 1.6420 Limit 1.6700

S&P500

Will it open and start climbing ?

The FTSE100 has not rallied up much so still have faith in my shorts

Just put some IF DONE orders in on S&P500

Limit for profit 1069
Buy 1069.1
Sell 1066.0

S&P500

got stopped out at 1066.4 -£27

But its not gone any further down so this was a disappointment as I thought if it broke 1067 it would drop got a sell at 1066

Rio Tinto

Got a signal to buy but think it was now a false signal

LONG 2703

Think that was an emotional trade trying for a profit after a bad run

This week has been all about reading the charts, next week will be trading with £500 at £1 per point only on the FTSE100 on the Demo Platform to get ready for live trading.

Friday I will close all positions on Demo Platform.

S&P500

Ok covered both ways just went Long 1067.6 got a sell at 1066 so if it does push up I got it but If it drops which I think it will got it to BUT i need big moves not just a trickle each way

S&P500

Ok covered both ways just went Long 1067.6 got a sell at 1066 so if it does push up I got it but If it drops which I think it will got it to BUT i need big moves not just a trickle each way

Just got my trades mixed up with the IF DONE orders stopped out 1065.9 -£17 my buy got sell so no further trade doh

Acc Bal UPDATE

Start Monday 14th Sept 2009 started £7,366.71

Currently at £7,201.37
-£165.34

FTSE100

Heading down so gone Short on S&P500 1065.4

Starting bell in U.S some bad news to come...............

Stopped out on EUR/USD 1.4690 -£39

I WAS RIGHT BUT I LISTENED TO BLOOMBERG :mad: I WOULD OF GOT A PROFIT ON MY SHORT

Are you watching Barclays 3.86 -> 3.79 so far today - would have made a nice short. I'just ridden it up from 3.55 to 3.80. It's a good one because it bounces around in a range so get in at when at 3.60 and out at 3.80 and repeat in a week or two.

The indexes are just too random for me - had my fingers burnt too many times.

Stopped out on EUR/USD 1.4690 -£39

I WAS RIGHT BUT I LISTENED TO BLOOMBERG :mad: I WOULD OF GOT A PROFIT ON MY SHORT

Not sure what time-frame you are trading on, but the EUR/USD looks pretty tough to judge at the moment, IMO (I'm a longer T/F sort of person). The guys on "I'm Shorting the Euro" seem to have it sussed, although I don't watch their trades that closely. My sentiment is bullish, but technically....hm.

Whenever I trade directly off some information like this (from Bloomberg), it almost always ends in tears.
It's hard not to be influenced though.

Some people say "ignore the news", but it's not as simple as that. It can't be. I think you have to get the balance right between forming a view based on your knowledge of the market and how it works, and trading what you see. Maybe when you get that right, you become a good trader. I'm still on the learning journey myself.

You asked earlier about hedging GBP/USD versus EUR/USD. I don't know for sure. I think you probably can, but only after watching them carefully for a good while. I don't think it's going to be a constant thing.

S&P500

On a spike up so went short but the Paddy Power Demo said not accepted so put it in again to see both were accepted ?

Now short at 1069.8 (3 positions)