Jdtrader - day trading

I got the measure of this platform now just gotta sit watching the screen to protect capital and enter and exit on these Buy/Sell signals which will result in patiences...........;)

Trader Review

Started the day £100.50 and ended the day down 50p to £100.00

EUR/USD - 50p per point

1.470 BUY stopped 1.4680 -£10.50
1.4681 BUY closed 1.4698 +£8.50
1.4700 SELL stopped 1.4715 -£7.50
1.4705 SELL stopped 1.4725 -£10.00
1.4726 SELL Limit 1.4700 +£13.00
1.4705 BUY Limit 1.4717 +£6.00

3 Loses =£28.00
3 Wins =£27.50

When your in a position the charts don't update as fast as when your not in a position ? CONSPIRACY :cool:

Had a couple of slow moments trying to change stops and limits on there sofware but all in all a day to get used to the software. The chart signals for entry/exit are very good but you are always 5-10 points behind the signal.
Loaded up my CMC platform to use the charts to cross reference my entry/exit points with the ETX charts.

Will try again Monday to improve the Acc Bal.

there is a good way to use 4 EMAs for intraday trading as a filter for your trades you know...of course you must learn price action first :)
it works even better on the dailies though

Last edited:
Week Review

Ok the Title: CMC Spreadbetting £500 to Boom or Bust

There might be a change of plan, why ?

Tried some trading ideas on my Demo Account on Paddy Power but hate the software but confirmed some of my trade ideas are in the right direction giving me confidence to keep trading to make a profit (I hope). Now the plan was to Demo then fund CMC with £500 then live trade but while checking the threads come accross the ETX Captial link.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/71866-heads-up-etx-100-quid.html

£100 risk FREE trading with real money and thought this would be a great challenge but not sure if I'm up to turn £100 into profit as a new trader I need some capital to make mistakes but hope my gains can out weigh my losses.

But the greatest help is posting here as with a paper diary you can't get feedback like you can on thread like this so hopefully over time more traders will stop buy to discuss trades.

The plan for next week is to add some profit to the ETX £00 Account Balance but got a lot on next week so will not be trading as much as last week.

You will see I have posted some videos, some for reference and some for fun :LOL:

If I bust the £100 I will go back to Paddy Power to demo trade then move to live trading with CMC. But hopefully turn £100 into some nice profit.

Good luck with your trades next week.:cool:

Week Review

Ok the Title: CMC Spreadbetting £500 to Boom or Bust

There might be a change of plan, why ?

Tried some trading ideas on my Demo Account on Paddy Power but hate the software but confirmed some of my trade ideas are in the right direction giving me confidence to keep trading to make a profit (I hope). Now the plan was to Demo then fund CMC with £500 then live trade but while checking the threads come accross the ETX Captial link.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/71866-heads-up-etx-100-quid.html

£100 risk FREE trading with real money and thought this would be a great challenge but not sure if I'm up to turn £100 into profit as a new trader I need some capital to make mistakes but hope my gains can out weigh my losses.

But the greatest help is posting here as with a paper diary you can't get feedback like you can on thread like this so hopefully over time more traders will stop buy to discuss trades.

The plan for next week is to add some profit to the ETX £00 Account Balance but got a lot on next week so will not be trading as much as last week.

You will see I have posted some videos, some for reference and some for fun :LOL:

If I bust the £100 I will go back to Paddy Power to demo trade then move to live trading with CMC. But hopefully turn £100 into some nice profit.

Good luck with your trades next week.:cool:

....if you want to put the odds in your favour ...adding 'confluence' to your trades intraday...or on the dailies or whatever..you should take the setups that are with the intraday trend - to see the intraday trend just use EMAs...i have 10 20 50 200- the 10 and 20 are there for any trend change crossovers and i wait for the 3 EMAs to diverge again and trade with them.

there is a good way to use 4 EMAs for intraday trading as a filter for your trades you know...of course you must learn price action first :)
it works even better on the dailies though

Spent the afternoon watching about 80 videos on Charting, Money Mangement and FX trading.

Bit burnt out now but I want to try and soak up the information and use it in my trades but small steps. I don't want to crash and burn :devilish:

....if you want to put the odds in your favour ...adding 'confluence' to your trades intraday...or on the dailies or whatever..you should take the setups that are with the intraday trend - to see the intraday trend just use EMAs...i have 10 20 50 200- the 10 and 20 are there for any trend change crossovers and i wait for the 3 EMAs to diverge again and trade with them.

see now your losing me explian more on what EMAs are and Confluence ?

exponential moving averages. 'confluence' is just a way of saying higher probability, you will hear it a lot , its just when two or more things agree with each other, for example you go long because of 3 things
the trend
a bull pin
a fibo level

It's just so that it's a higher probability trade that's all

Morning

Just checking before going to work. Overnight FTSE100 pushing higher which is still within my range and is signalling a sell off but if that does not happen we could see new highs to 5150 with a drop back to 5080 today.
My short could be in danger at 5051 but if my chart is right short is right to be in, we shall see.

Cadbury pushing higher now is the time for a buy and cut my loss but will let it hit my 800 stop its just short of that. It may drop back not heard any news on this yesterday.......

Yeah in hind sight called this range right :idea:

Friday 18 Sept 2009

Morning Traders

Today I will be letting my Demo Acc run to close it at 4.30pm

Today I will be trading on ETX Capital with a live balance of £100.50 trading only on EUR/USD. You can see the link above to go and get your £100, I traded last night but was tired and market on EUR/USD was slow nicked i pip for 50p.

I will trading 50p per pip thats a £15 margin, I will be posting here through the day.

EUR/USD at 07.28 1.4727

My buy line is 1.4715 but looking for any change in the trend today, R line 1.4750

Forgot to close trades on Demo so will do it Monday