Jdtrader - day trading

Not sure what time-frame you are trading on, but the EUR/USD looks pretty tough to judge at the moment, IMO (I'm a longer T/F sort of person). The guys on "I'm Shorting the Euro" seem to have it sussed, although I don't watch their trades that closely. My sentiment is bullish, but technically....hm.

Whenever I trade directly off some information like this (from Bloomberg), it almost always ends in tears.
It's hard not to be influenced though.

Some people say "ignore the news", but it's not as simple as that. It can't be. I think you have to get the balance right between forming a view based on your knowledge of the market and how it works, and trading what you see. Maybe when you get that right, you become a good trader. I'm still on the learning journey myself.

You asked earlier about hedging GBP/USD versus EUR/USD. I don't know for sure. I think you probably can, but only after watching them carefully for a good while. I don't think it's going to be a constant thing.

Yeah was led to much by Bloomberg so I'll think I'll stick to my own ideas to see how I go next week. Its good to have on to know when results are announced to judge where your positions will be effected but I think I'll give there advice a miss.

Thanks for your imput thought no one was reading my posts lol

Are you watching Barclays 3.86 -> 3.79 so far today - would have made a nice short. I'just ridden it up from 3.55 to 3.80. It's a good one because it bounces around in a range so get in at when at 3.60 and out at 3.80 and repeat in a week or two.

The indexes are just too random for me - had my fingers burnt too many times.

When I was trading on my account last year before being margined out I had Barclays at 110. Long arraagghhhhhh lol :devilish:

End of the UK trading day and you'll be shocked at what I have done.

6 positions open:

S&P Short £3 per point 1069.8
FTSE100 Short £2pp 5146
GBP/USD Long £1pp 1.6540
Rio Tinto Short £53pp 2744.6
RBS Long £1pp 56.1
Cadbury Short £1pp 778.2

Let emotion play me today going to profit for the week or blow the Demo Account not a good move and I have let myself down. Had a lot going on in the home work guys redoing my gas system plus the wife in my ear made some bad trades leading me to try a recoup at the end of trading. If this was real cash I would of just not traded but I want to find where my wrong trades are so I can learn this week.

Friday will be closing all trades profit or not to restart Monday on my £500 trading plan with just the FTSE100 £1 per point.

Lets see where I end up with these 6 open positions............

did ya check out those links???? seriously it will add more depth and reason to trading bounces off trendlines, i suggest you get off demo, learn from those links and get back on demo again

Though you seems to be doing okay at the moment, you need to pay more attention to company news and funnymentals- shorting cadbury on a takeover bid?!?!?1 :)

did ya check out those links???? seriously it will add more depth and reason to trading bounces off trendlines, i suggest you get off demo, learn from those links and get back on demo again

Though you seems to be doing okay at the moment, you need to pay more attention to company news and funnymentals- shorting cadbury on a takeover bid?!?!?1 :)

Yeah going to view a ton of videos over the weekend and trust my charts more and have confidance to use them.

Cadbury, I refer you to an answer I gave earlier in this thread. I'm closing it Friday anyway but I bet no takeover happens and you see the price drop over the next year to 600 or lower.

Remember you read it here first :cool:

Just took profit FTSE100 5140 +£11

4 positions open:

GBP/USD Long £1pp 1.6540
Rio Tinto Short £53pp 2744.6
RBS Long £1pp 56.1
Cadbury Short £1pp 778.2

Ok guys logging off for the day, working tonight.

I will only trade FTSE100 on Friday, plan for tomorrow to close all positions at 4.30pm (GMT)

Friday 18 Sept 2009

Morning Traders

Today I will be letting my Demo Acc run to close it at 4.30pm

Today I will be trading on ETX Capital with a live balance of £100.50 trading only on EUR/USD. You can see the link above to go and get your £100, I traded last night but was tired and market on EUR/USD was slow nicked i pip for 50p.

I will trading 50p per pip thats a £15 margin, I will be posting here through the day.

EUR/USD at 07.28 1.4727

My buy line is 1.4715 but looking for any change in the trend today, R line 1.4750

Margin last night was 30x now its 200 = £100 !!!

Only got £100.50

Becarful on one click Buy/Sell it gives you 160 pip stop which uses max margin

Last edited:
Ok back.
I won't be to busy today just gonna watch the screen and wait for a signal to enter.

Acc.Bal £90

ETX Capital

There charts are really good all the formulas are on them for you. Just tracked the EUR/USD of the past few days and there are clear signs when to enter and exit.

So my Buy earlier was wrong on there chart and it has continued to fall. There chart indicated a sell at 1.4724 and its at 1.4652 still falling -72 pips. I'm watching for a Buy signal.............

EUR/USD

Locked in profit keeping a 10 pip gap, trading ultra tight Limit 1.4698 +£8.50

Looking for next entry

Just called ETX to ask about the Margins.

They you can use the one click Buy/Sell and even though it will take all you funds you have time to reduce the auto stop which will reduce the margin and free up capital.

Trader said new software coming middle October to set your auto stop before click not after as it is now. So just remember when clicking go to order book to reduce your stop.